Johnston focused on return of form at 2018 MCE Ulster Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Johnston focused on return of form at 2018 MCE Ulster Grand Prix
[Image: riderpromo1.jpg]

By his own admission it has been quite a low key season for Lee Johnston.

Joining 16 time TT winner Ian Hutchinson to form 2018’s Honda Racing team late last year, the Fermanagh rider put in a strong performance at the North West with three podium finishes but failed to replicate this success at the subsequent TT.

Commenting on his recent run of form and his hopes for Dundrod, Lee said:

“It’s no secret that we struggled at the TT. We had a few mechanical problems and although the results weren’t disastrous, it wasn’t where we wanted to be.

“We definitely enjoyed a good North West and I am keen to bring us back to that form at Dundrod. The point of racing is to win so my mindset when I approach a race like the Ulster is always about a first on that podium.”

Making his first podium at the Dundrod 150 back in 2012 and clinching Man of the Meeting in 2015, Lee is keen to build on previous success commenting:

“I’ve had big results in Dundrod in the past and it is without doubt my favourite circuit. I love the flowing nature and natural form of the track and when you find a good rhythm on it, it makes for really enjoyable racing.

“I think the Supersport class may provide us with our best chance at a win. Obviously it’s Padgett’s so it a proven package with Bruce Anstey clocking up a lot of race wins on it. The Superstock bike just isn’t fast enough for this circuit but if we get everything right on the day with the Superbike we will be in definite contention for a win. “

Welcoming an enthusiastic Johnston back for the 2018 meeting, Clerk of the Course Noel Johnston commented:

“I know Lee is keen to redeem himself after a lacklustre TT and I am looking forward to seeing him in action over both race days.  He put in a strong performance at both supersport races last year, placing third in both, and as a fan favourite, the whole of Dundrod will be cheering him on for a win.”

Bike Week runs from the 5th – 11th August 2018 with two days of international road racing on Thursday 9th and Saturday 11th August.

There will be trackside VIP hospitality packages available on both race days.  

Tickets are available via http://www.ulstergrandprix.net.

[Image: ulstermcelogo.jpg]
24-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Website Find Reply