Success at Ulster Grand Prix would be highlight of an amazing year, says Davey Todd
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Success at Ulster Grand Prix would be highlight of an amazing year, says Davey Todd
[Image: ulsterpromo2.jpg]
Dream machine:
Davey Todd (front right) with Danielle Finlay from Centra Whitemountain, sponsor of the Superbike race on Saturday, August 11, on his bike;
they are joined by (from left) Peter Hickman, Lee Johnston, Dean Harrison, Sam Finlay of Centra Whitemountain,
MCE Ulster Grand Prix Clerk of the Course Noel Johnston, Dominic Herbertson and Joey Thompson

Success at Ulster Grand Prix would be highlight of an amazing year, says TT and NW hero Todd

Cookstown Burrows Engineering's rising star Davey Todd has certainly made his intentions clear ahead of next month's MCE Insurance Ulster Grand Prix.

Making the podium twice at the recent Faugheen 50 races, as well as finishing second in four races at Walderstown last month, the 2018 Isle of Man TT Fastest Newcomer hopes that his recent run of success will continue at Dundrod.

"I had a fantastic TT and I can genuinely say that myself and the team were shocked at how my lap speed just kept increasing. Every night we went we got quicker! To make 128.379mph is incredible and is testament to the huge amount of work I put into studying the circuit before I competed," he said.

Shifting his focus to road racing last year, Todd made his debut in Dundrod, securing a second place finish in the Dundrod 150 National Race.

As for his hopes for the Ulster Grand Prix, the 22-year-old Saltburn rider said: "To be honest I'm just glad I'm not wearing the orange bib this year!

"I've been here before so I know what to expect. I'm feeling comfortable on the Cookstown Suzuki so all the initial signs are good. I'm looking forward to being in contention and hopefully chasing a few wins."

MCE Ulster Grand Prix Clerk of the Course Noel Johnston said:

"Davey's had an incredible year so far and he is definitely on course for a strong performance at this year's event.

"Last year he was so close to making top six in the Supersport before being forced to retire, but not before lapping at 125.503mph. To clinch Best Newcomer at both the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT is no mean feat and I am looking forward to seeing what he can produce over the two race days. He is one to watch!"
he added.

The MCE Insurance Ulster Grand Prix Bike Week runs from August 5 to 11 and wristbands can be purchased via www.ulstergrandprix.net

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris
27-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Website Find Reply