Resurgent Bradley Ray surges to Cadwell Park pole position
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Resurgent Bradley Ray surges to Cadwell Park pole position
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Bradley Ray claimed his third pole position of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship season in an incredibly close Datatag Qualifying session at Cadwell Park this afternoon, surging ahead of his rivals to secure the top spot for the Buildbase Suzuki team ahead of tomorrow’s opening race in Lincolnshire.

Just 0.858s covered the top nine in the intense final stage of Datatag Qualifying as championship Leon Haslam set the initial benchmark on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki before Ray, who is bidding to secure his position in the Showdown, upped the pace to move ahead by 0.036s.

Jake Dixon will complete the front row for race one on the RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki after he set the pace yesterday in free practice. Glenn Irwin narrowly missed out on a front row start in fourth place, but only just with a margin of just 0.002s between the Be Wiser Ducati rider and Tommy Bridewell on the Moto Rapido Ducati.

Danny Buchan secured the final second row starting position for the FS-3 Racing Kawasaki team after he made a mistake on his flying lap and despite trying to improve his position he starts sixth on the grid.

Christian Iddon was the leading BMW rider in Datatag Qualifying at Cadwell Park; he starts seventh on the grid after diving through to the final Q3 stage for the Tyco-backed squad with local contender Peter

Hickman completing the second row for Smiths Racing BMW.

Josh Brookes will start ninth on the grid after forcing his way through to Q3 on the McAMS Yamaha in a tough session for the 2015 champion who is aiming to add to his recent podium-finishing momentum.

Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, Datatag Qualifying:

Bradley Ray (Buildbase Suzuki)  - 1m:26.152s
Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) - +0.036s
Jake Dixon (RAF Regular & Reserves Kawasaki) - +0.062s
Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) - +0.074s
Tommy Bridewell (Moto Rapido Ducati) - +0.076s
Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) - +0.244s
Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) - +0.660s
Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) - +0.716s
Josh Brookes (McAMS Yamaha) - +0.858s

Bradley Ray -  Pole position rider

“The last few rounds have been very, very difficult and I’ve been trying and trying to push on and get the best results we can, and maybe pushing on too much and putting too much pressure on myself.

“I’ve come into this weekend quite chilled and it seems to be working at the moment, hopefully we’ll go back to our old self that we were at Donington and Brands. The team has been working really hard to find the problem we’ve been having with the bike.

“To get pole here at Cadwell Park is amazing considering it’s not one of my favourite tracks. It’s really, really good and obviously it makes the race a lot easier to start from pole and to get up in the front group so it should be a close, interesting race tomorrow.”

19-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Website Find Reply