Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jake Dixon to make Moto2™ move with Angel Nieto Team
[Image: DixontoMOTO2.jpg]

The British rider, currently fighting for the BSB title, to ride a KTM run by the Spanish outfit

British rider Jake Dixon will ride for the Ángel Nieto Team on their return to the Moto2 class in 2019. Dixon, who is currently fighting for the British Superbike Championship title, will make his full debut as a World Championship rider on board a KTM.

Dixon currently lies second in the British Superbike standings with just two rounds remaining. In 2017 he took two wins in the regular season and became the youngest rider ever to qualify for the Showdown, finishing sixth overall. So far this season he has three wins to his name, including a double at Oulton Park last time out to kick off this year’s Showdown, leaving him just 31 points off the leader with five races still remaining.

Dixon’s full-time Moto2™ bow in Qatar in 2019 won’t be his first Grand Prix, having already appeared as a wildcard at Silverstone in 2017.

Jake Dixon:

“I want to say thank you to Jorge Martínez “Aspar” and the Ángel Nieto Team for believing in me and giving me this opportunity. This is a team with a lot of experience and several world titles behind them and I am looking forward to being part of a new project with the Ángel Nieto Team and KTM. The first season will be for gathering as much information as possible, learning as much as I can and then fighting for the championship after that. I’d also like to say thanks to RAF Regular & Reserve Kawasaki, my team for the past two seasons, for everything they have done for me and to everybody that has helped make it possible for me to make the step up to the Moto2 World Championship.”

Jorge Martínez “Aspar”:

“We are very happy to welcome Jake Dixon to the Grand Prix paddock and the Ángel Nieto Team family. He is a rider with a lot of promise because he is still young but already achieving top results in his country. It is a big signing for our return to Moto2 and alongside KTM we hope to continue to grow together in 2019.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
23-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Website Find Reply