DUTCH TOP TEN FOR IDDON AND TYCO BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DUTCH TOP TEN FOR IDDON AND TYCO BMW
[Image: tycoheader.jpg]

The crowds turned out in force once again for the Dutch round of the British Superbike Championship at Assen’s famous TT Circuit.

Another spectacular showing from Christian Iddon saw him battle for two top ten finishes whilst still nursing the after effects of a broken collarbone.

A particularly heroic effort from the Stockport rider during an incident packed race two, saw him work his way through the pack to fourth place from a P11 grid start.

Unfortunately a broken sensor during lap 15 saw him drop back and he eventually crossed the line in tenth.

Christian currently sits just nine points shy of the Riders' Cup leader with three races remaining at the final round of the British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch GP 14th – 15th October

Team-mate Michael Laverty showed great pace in race one but tyre wear issues in the latter part of the contest saw him drop back and finish up in 11th pace.

Once again the Northern Irish rider suffered further bad luck in race two after being clipped by another rider in the opening lap causing him to crash out at turn four.

Thanks as always to Tyco and BMW Motorrad for their matchless support and the Dutch fans for making it a special weekend.

[Image: IddonatAssen.jpg]

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"Another difficult Superbike round for Tyco BMW this weekend. Michael is having a run of bad luck after crashing in race two following a coming together on track and once again his lap times in race one warranted a better result than 11th.

Christian is to be commended once again for returning to the track only a few weeks after his collarbone break and without surgery. Again his pace and effort deserved a better result in both races and without the few problems he encountered I’m certain he would be fighting near the front. Thanks to all our partners and to our guests who joined us over the weekend"

Christian Iddon - #21 British Superbike:

"I struggled quite a lot throughout free practice sessions with my broken collarbone. I underestimated how difficult it would be, it was actually way worse than Silverstone.

So it was a nice surprise that when qualifying came around the bike was good and I didn’t feel too bad. As always it’s super close and we were towards the front of the group which meant I got a good start position for the first race. Fifth was the target for race one and was looking entirely possible, but with a few laps to go I really struggled with tyre wear and dropped back to eighth. I was a little bit further back on the grid for the second race but I made my way through to fourth, I was pretty confident that was where I going to finish up, but towards the end of the race I suffered a broken sensor which knocked me right back to tenth. The bike had been great all weekend and the points do not reflect this or the effort put in, I’m just looking forward to Brands Hatch now and to finish the season as strong as possible."

Michael Laverty - #7 British Superbike:

"I was having a good race one, I made my way through to 8th and felt a top six was possible, however, my front tyre had tore around 2/3rd race distance and I limped home in 11th losing the front in most corners. My race two ended on lap one after making a decent start I got tagged by my mate Christian in turn three and ended up on the ground. It was a frustrating end to a weekend that showed promise"

30-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Website Find Reply