WW1/2 site tours
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
WW1/2 site tours
Peeps, as we approach the WW1 Centenary, got me thinking about taking a bike tour of some of the sites next year, as found out quite recently my Great Grandfather is buried in a Cemetery at Rouen.
Think I would rather go on an organised trip as may be solo so as to get the best out of such a trip, and have to ask if any of TT Website folks have taken such a trip and can recommend possible options ie Companies that organise such trips, and any do's and dont's?
Appreciate any feedback by PM or open replies.
ps I am not camping!
Thanks.

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
05-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: WW1/2 site tours
My grandad is buried along with another 1500 brave selfless lads(16+) and young men at Coriano Ridge War Cemetery in Italy, in his 30's grandad was one of the oldest at rest there, been twice - a totally totally humbling experience as I walked around the cemetery realising what I had been fortunate enough to experience at the ages on the headstones. I also didn't realise on the first visit that Marco Simoncelli grew up in Coriano - there were and still are proud No. 58 products everywhere and a lovely memorial for Marco in the town centre. I hired a car as I was with older family but on a bike it would be a lovely journey. I took great comfort from seeing generations of local familes working together looking after and maintaining the cemetery.
05-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Find Reply