Gino Rea continues with OMG Racing in 2019 for BSB Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Gino Rea continues with OMG Racing in 2019 for BSB Championship
[Image: GinoRea-atOMG.jpg]

Gino Rea continues with OMG Racing in 2019 for Bennetts British Superbike Championship assault

The OMG Racing UK Suzuki team are thrilled to announce that Gino Rea will remain with them for the 2019 Bennetts British Superbike Championship, following a successful rookie campaign in the world’s leading domestic Superbike series.

Gino had a very strong end to the season, running consistently inside the top ten and securing top ten finishes in the final four rounds. The former European Superstock 600 champion topped a practice session at Assen too, as well as continuously improving his qualifying positions at circuits that up until 2018, he’d barely visited.

Coming into the championship in 2018, Gino already had a long, extensive list of accolades, from being the aforementioned European Superstock 600 champion in 2009 to being a front runner in the Moto2 World Championship, with a podium coming in 2012 at the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang.

The popular and charismatic 29-year-old Londoner is full of expectation in the upcoming 2019 Bennetts British Superbike Championship season and will be looking to build on what was a solid and impressive first BSB season.

#GinoRea44

“I’m very pleased to continue my relationship with the OMG Racing team! We’ve learnt and developed so much this year and it only made sense to continue together.

“Towards the end of 2018 we started to show our potential and we were finding our way with the new Suzuki GSX-R1000. I believe we can continue to improve our package so it’ll be important to have a solid few tests over the winter to head into 2019 as strong as possible.

“This will be the first time since 2010 that I have stayed on the same machinery and team for consecutive years which is something I’m really looking forward to, and I’m extremely grateful to OMG Racing for giving me that opportunity.

I can’t wait to get back on my OMG Superbike already!”

The ‘M’ of OMG – Greg McPhail – stated his joy in re-signing Gino Rea for a second season, with solid foundations to build from in the upcoming 2019 campaign. The team were the first outfit in the UK to bring Gino to the Bennetts British Superbike Championship after many teams had previously, unsuccessfully tried, so to retain him shows the hard work and the talent that shines inside the team.

OMG Racing, Greg McPhail

“From the O, M, & G, we are delighted to retain Gino Rea for 2019. The gravity of the task at hand in our 1st year in the Bennetts British Superbike coupled with the fact that Gino had not raced on the UK Circuits meant we were on the back foot – however, it was clear to see that we got stronger all year, finishing at Brands with Gino’s joint best result of P7!

“Going into our second year, Gino has track knowledge & data – we are all sure that Gino will start 2019 on the front foot and continue the great improvement he has shown. Coupled with Luke Mossey, I believe we have one of the best line ups on the grid & I for one can’t wait for it all to begin again!”

Team principal Paul Curran is anticipating great things for 2019, with Gino remaining in the team that had grown in stature throughout their debut season. From race wins in National Superstock 1000 to top tens in the Bennetts British Superbike class, the team has shown that they have what it takes after just one year and are looking forward to developing further under the leadership of Paul Curran.

Team Principal, Paul Curran

“I’m looking forward to working with Gino for a further year as we can build upon and grow what we have achieved this year. in the latter part of the year, everything was starting to click into place so if we can start from where we finished, with the further developments over the winter to improve the bike, we will be aiming for top 5 finishes and definitely a Showdown position.

“Team OMG are off to Cartagena at the end of this month for a few days of testing, so it will be great seeing Gino back in the saddle.”

OMG Racing UK look forward to taking to the tracks in preparation for the 2019 season that will ensure that the team is bigger, bolder, better and stronger in their quest to continue ‘Having Fun, Winning Races’ during their second season of Superbike racing!

[Image: OMGlogo.jpg]
09-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Website Find Reply