Todd looking to improve on 'unbelievable' 2018
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Todd looking to improve on 'unbelievable' 2018
[Image: DaveyTodd1.jpg]

Standout newcomer of TT 2018, Davey Todd, has said his 2018 season went “over and beyond” any expectations he had.

Riding for Burrows Engineering Racing, Todd’s TT debut culminated in a superb 9th place finish in the PokerStars Senior TT Race, and a fastest lap speed of 128.379mph, making him the second fastest newcomer in TT history.

“It’s been an absolutely unbelievable year for me- way over and beyond my expectations. Coming in to nearly every event as a newcomer, with so much learning to do, learning circuits, learning bikes, learning the roads, it’s gone really well.”

While trying to keep a level head during his TT apprenticeship, the 23-year old has no doubts as to where he sees himself in a few years’ time.

“Winning a TT is the dream. Honestly, that is the main goal for me and I’ll do whatever it takes to get that [trophy] in my hands! Over the next few years, I know it will take time, and a lot of work, and a lot of effort, but it certainly won’t be for a lack of trying. That’s the goal.”

Todd has yet to announce who he’ll be riding for at TT 2019, but the winner of the inaugural RST Star of Tomorrow award will surely be in line for a top ride.

Davey was speaking with Steve Plater at Motorcycle Live. You can see the full interview here.

Tickets for the 2019 events are now on sale via the Official iomttraces.com website including Official Grandstands Tickets, VIP Hospitality Experiences, and Official Entertainment Events.

[Image: TT2019hdr.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2018, 11:26 AM by Malcolm.)
18-12-2018, 11:26 AM
Website Find Reply