SWITZERLAND’S LUKAS MAURER PREPARES FOR 2019 TT RACES DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWITZERLAND’S LUKAS MAURER PREPARES FOR 2019 TT RACES DEBUT
[Image: LukasMaurer.jpg]

Leading Swiss road racer Lukas Maurer will make his TT Mountain Course debut next year contesting all three 1000cc races at the 2019 Isle of Man TT Races, fuelled by Monster Energy.

The 24-year old will ride a privately-entered Kawasaki ZX-10R in the RST Superbike, RL360 Superstock and PokerStars Senior TT Races.

Recently voted the ‘Fastest Road Racer of Switzerland’ by Road Racing Magazine, Maurer will follow in the footsteps of fellow countryman Herve Gantner – currently the fastest rider from Switzerland to have lapped the famous 37.73-mile course at 122.954mph – and is set to make a favourable impression having impressed in this year’s International Road Racing Championship across Europe.

Despite racing for much of the season in discomfort, the legacy of a non-racing incident, Maurer enjoyed a strong year as he finished in sixth overall in the IRRC Supersport Championship.

In addition, the Gurzelen resident also contested the IRRC Superbike Championship where he claimed ninth overall, despite only contesting half the races. Two fourth place finishes were his best results beating leading TT competitors such as Jamie Coward and Horst Saiger along the way.

Maurer visited the Island last weekend to meet with Rider Liaison Officers Richard  Quayle and John Barton as part of the TT Newcomers induction programme and said:

“It has always been a dream to race at the TT and I now have a really good understanding of what I need to do to prepare for the races.  It is a huge challenge and one that I’m not underestimating but I can’t wait to head down Bray Hill for the first time and will be putting everything I have into preparing for this challenge.”

[Image: TT2019hdr.jpg]
22-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Website Find Reply