Honda reveals a refreshed line-up on the roads as David Johnson joins Ian Hutchinson
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda reveals a refreshed line-up on the roads as David Johnson joins Ian Hutchinson
[Image: Hondaracinglogo.jpg]

Honda is pleased to announce that David Johnson will line-up next to Ian Hutchinson on the roads, as the Honda Racing team prepares for the start of the 2019 road race season.

Hutchinson and Johnson will lead Honda’s charge on the roads at The International North West 200 and the Isle of Man TT.

Both road experts will contest the Superbike and Superstock 1000 classes aboard the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP2, with the team also preparing a CBR600RR Supersport machine for Ian.

‘Davo’ made his debut at the TT in 2010 aboard Honda machinery where he claimed the accolade of fastest newcomer that year. The Australian has since racked up three 4th place finishes at the Mountain Course and was close to a podium last year in the Superbike race. His best result at the Ulster GP has been 3rd (2018) and 7th at the NW200.

Teammate ‘Hutchy’ continues with Honda after a valiant return last year, while recovering from injury. Displaying incredible drive and determination throughout 2018, the ‘Bingley Bullet’ is coming into the new road racing season with more bike time under his belt as he looks to return to winning form.

The Honda Racing team will now embark on a comprehensive testing programme before tackling the road circuits, starting with the North West 200 in May.

2019 Road Race Calendar:

12-18 May: The International North West 200

25 May – 7 June: The Isle of Man TT

Ian Hutchinson

I’m feeling confident coming into this season on the roads. Last year was about building back up and learning the Fireblade again. The results were a little disappointing, as they didn’t reflect the hard work that went in behind the scenes. But since the TT I have been out on a track Fireblade and also my road bike, so with that mileage and the testing programme we have for this year, I think we’ll be in a strong position when we arrive at the North West 200. I’m keen to get started and looking forward to the team's first test.

[Image: Hutchy.jpg]

David Johnson

I am really happy to join the Honda Racing team for this season. Over the years they have been incredibly successful on the roads and won a lot at the TT; I feel that I will gel with the Fireblade, so I’m very excited to get started and ride the bikes. With Hutchy getting fitter from his injuries I think we’ll work together well and I will have some great people around me in the team. I can’t wait to get back to the UK and start testing!

[Image: DavoJohnson.jpg]

Jonny Twelvetrees  - Team Manager

I’m really pleased to have ‘Davo’ with the team for this season, he’s been a strong contender since his debut in 2010 and I know it won’t be long before he’s on the TT podium. He had a good season last year with two 4th places at the TT and a podium at the Ulster, so I’m excited to see what he can do on the Fireblade this year. With Hutchy we’re certainly going to see a huge difference compared to last year. Since the TT he’s had a lot of quality bike time, both on-track and also road riding, as always he’s training hard and will be coming into the season right back up there; so I think we’re in for some good racing. I’m looking forward to getting everyone together at the first test so we can start pushing on. It’s a long time between the races so the competitiveness has time to build up!

25-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Website Find Reply