North West and Ulster GP race winner Davy Morgan seeks a backer ahead of 28th season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
North West and Ulster GP race winner Davy Morgan seeks a backer ahead of 28th season
[Image: DavyMorganSupport1.jpg]

North West and Ulster GP race winner Davy Morgan seeks a backer ahead of 28th season in motorcycling

Davy Morgan, from Darragh Cross, near Saintfield, enters his 27th season of racing in 2019 with a Superstock BMW, Supersport Kawasaki and his own 250cc Honda at his disposal, but despite top quality machinery he still has to find the running costs for these machines and all that goes with leading his DM71 Road Racing team.

Despite being a privateer, Davy has an impressive CV with wins at the North West 200, Ulster Grand Prix and a victory in the Senior Manx Grand Prix plus numerous TT replicas and a number of Irish national road race victories to his name.

With his distinctive pink race helmet, Davy is one of the most recognisable road racers in the sport and is as determined and excited about the season ahead as he was when he started.

Davy said,

"I'm not ready to retire just yet and I'm not going racing in 2019 just to make up the numbers. I still have the drive and passion to be competitive and finish as high up the results sheets that I can and that is down to me, as the bikes I have been kindly given to use are competitive.

"2018 was the first year in a long time I didn't have a title sponsor to help me with running costs for the season. That, along with a crash early in the year, meant I had to sit out a number of meetings.

"Budgets had to be stretched, for instance on a number of occasions using tyres that bit longer than we should have. However, this is the reality for most riders running their own teams.

"I have a decent infrastructure with race truck, awning etc. and people think my team is well financed. This is not the case, as the reality is that it has been built up over my 20-plus years of racing."

In an ideal world Davy would love to have a title sponsor for each of his bikes heading into the new season. He can be contacted a via his Facebook page, DM71 Road Racing.

Davy is also launching a 71 Club, looking for 71 people to sponsor him with £71 to help get him on the grid for 2019.

Ahead of the KDM Cookstown 100 road race on April 26-27, resurfacing has taken place on parts of the renowned Orritor Circuit.

Both Craigmount and Braeside Corners have benefitted from the work undertaken by Cookstown and District Club in conjunction with Mid Ulster Council and Department of Infrastructure with the safety of competitors in mind after riders had voiced concerns in recent years.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris
25-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Website Find Reply