TT Live App.
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: TT live timing?
(23-05-2019, 10:44 AM)milestone 11 Wrote: I have received an email this morning from Simon Crellin which follows,

Dear John

Live timing will be available via the iomttraces.com website ahead of the first qualifying session on Saturday 25th May.

Kind regards

Simon

Good news, hopefully.
23-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Find Reply
Moose Offline

Threads: 0
Yes, I've just received similar reply.
Fingers crossed we'll see something on Saturday.
23-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Find Reply
heirpin Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
(23-05-2019, 10:58 AM)Moose Wrote: Yes, I've just received similar reply.
Fingers crossed we'll see something on Saturday.

Well I don't know whether it needs time to get my head round it but I can't make head nor tail out of it, the one screen keeps flickering all the time, the one screen doesn't give the lap speed just times and you can't select all classes like the old version and the old version it seemed easy to see where each rider was on the course with the sector time and overall lap time.

...bring back the old version!!
26-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Find Reply
Yamaham Offline

Threads: 4
RE: TT Live App.
Glad it's not just me! I couldn't get to grips with it either. I read after the session that you can pin your favourite riders so they always remain at the top of your page. I'm going to try and pin the seeded riders tomorrow night, hopefully keeping the screen from changing, will have to see what happens.
26-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Find Reply
bud62 Offline

Threads: 2
Worked OK for me and you can see all sectors on a single screen.

My biggest job was finding the right URL (I kept trying the old "iomtt" URL).

You have to log-in here (it is free - so far at least):

https://live.iomttraces.com/sign-up.html
26-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Find Reply
Enral Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
(26-05-2019, 08:36 PM)heirpin Wrote: Well I don't know whether it needs time to get my head round it but I can't make head nor tail out of it, the one screen keeps flickering all the time, the one screen doesn't give the lap speed just times and you can't select all classes like the old version and the old version it seemed easy to see where each rider was on the course with the sector time and overall lap time.

...bring back the old version!!

Took me a while but soon got the hang of it. For practice sessions the sector analysis tab  keeps track of who's fastest and which sector and lap they are currently on.
The Leaderboard tab will be more useful during actual races. I like it.
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2019, 09:04 PM by Enral.)
26-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Well I played with it today for the whole session and have to say I have some concerns, I'm signalling for all the solo races, it's crucial to see clear + & - gaps between riders and unless the layout is different on race days I'm going to really struggle with it!!

I don't think it's just us either, listening to the commentary team there were a few silences 'ums' and 'erms' when they attempted to read out a leaderboard, so I don't think they found it too user friendly either, the old system was very easy to follow in comparison.
26-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Find Reply
Prilly Man Offline

Threads: 5
I used it last night for practise - it was very hard to follow - not as intuitive as the previous one. Maybe it will work better in a race situation
27-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Find Reply
tiny thing Offline

Used it for the first time last night , as said above the old one was much better, on a light note I am ready to through Alexa up the garden , I have to ask her about 15 times to play Manx radio AM before she gets it right.

The UGP best road race in the world.
29-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
It seemed to have been improved last night, seemed better. Perhaps it was just me getting used to it?!
Must be an ongoing thing.
29-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Website Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

I'm going to rely on the old way... the radio. I had to remind someone in a video chat room the other day when they asked who was going to be fastest that night, "practice laps don't count for records, race ones do".

Then I suggested that he was better off predicting at who would be sandbagging,,,, LOL

Loved Hicky's comments about fastest lap vs. Wins.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
29-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Find Reply
Owl Man Offline

I used live timing for the first time last night and although I class myself as a bit of a technophobe, I soon got the hang of it. I found that being able to see all the sectors on the one page a big boost, with the old system you had to keep swapping from one to the other. I expect the 'leader board' button will be really useful during the races too and I have yet to try 'pinning' a particular rider.
Not being a smart ar** but I did find it ok.
29-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

It seemed a little easier to follow on Tues night, it also looked like the screen options had been changed slightly.

I'm wondering if they had received some feedback after the first session and made some changes to it, certainly i'm a little more confident now about getting the information I need for signalling.
29-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Find Reply
Prilly Man Offline

Threads: 5
Yes , definite improvement Tuesday night over previous version. Was working good when you switched classes as well

K
30-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Find Reply
heirpin Offline
Just Getting Started

Yes it does seem to have been changed for the better but it still doesn't display the times in order, just the race numbers so you can't easily see who's fastest also you can't see the growing lap time, just the sector times. 

On the old version, you could compare sector times from the previous lap as the leaders were going through so still not a patch on the old version.

Also unless I'm mistaken, the twitter feed doesn't seem very active compared to the old one.......
02-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Well, there's no times coming up for this afternoon's practice yet !!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
02-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

(02-06-2019, 03:32 PM)heirpin Wrote: Yes it does seem to have been changed for the better but it still doesn't display the times in order, just the race numbers so you can't easily see who's fastest also you can't see the growing lap time, just the sector times. 

On the old version, you could compare sector times from the previous lap as the leaders were going through so still not a patch on the old version.

Also unless I'm mistaken, the twitter feed doesn't seem very active compared to the old one.......
I agree that the old one was better, ou can see the growing lap time though, it's in the first box. It needs to shuffle so that the leader is on top and all other positions in their appropriate places.
They appear to be working on it all the time, during the afternoon the sector labels became coloured.
02-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

Radio breaking up constantly this morning
03-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
Not just mine then. Iv been changing battries lol
03-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

(03-06-2019, 12:09 PM)Chrisp955 Wrote: Not just mine then. Iv been changing battries lol
No. There's discussion here
03-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Find Reply