John McGuinness
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 8
John McGuinness
Is John off the pace, -11 seconds to Michael Rutter on the Zero or, as other results imply, he's just on un-competitive machinery. I feel for him. Is it worth it? Frankly, I don't think so.
03-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Find Reply
van man Offline

Threads: 1
RE: John McGuinness
have you seen the sector times he was ahead of rutter at them all he lost a lot on the last section must have had a problem with the bike saying that you might not be able to see the sector time with this new timing system its awful ruined my listening to the race not a patch on what it was let duke do it again at least they knew what they where doing
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 04:41 PM by van man.)
03-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
Probably used up the battery, the bike has like a turbo switch which he can control.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
03-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 8
(03-06-2019, 04:37 PM)van man Wrote: have you seen the sector times he was ahead of rutter at them all he lost a lot on the last section must have had a problem with the bike saying that you might not be able to see the sector time with this new timing system its awful ruined my listening to the race not a patch on what it was let duke do it again at least they knew what they where doing
Yes, I saw the sector times, going quicker though left him vulnerable to battery output problems, which is precisely what happened. There's been a lot of discussion about the timing system and radio on the Monday raceday thread. Essentially though, I agree with you entirely.
03-06-2019, 07:36 PM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
What can sometimes happen with the zero's is the motors can overheat and the bike then goes into self preservation 'limp mode' cutting the power to save the motors from frying, it might have been a case of that.
04-06-2019, 12:53 AM
Find Reply