Steam Packet records higher TT visitors
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Steam Packet records higher TT visitors
[Image: Mannanan.jpg]

The Steam Packet says it carried more passengers over this year’s TT than last year,

Both the Ben-my-Chree and Manannan have been sailing round the clock.

A company spokesman said:

’Latest statistics from the company show a 6% passenger increase for the 2019 festival with more than 35,900 passengers and in excess of 13,500 motorcycles travelling to the island between May 22 and June 7.

’The period saw growth across the board with more cars and vans being transported compared to the 2018 event, with a rise of 5%. The number of motorcycles travelling also rose by 2%.’

The company says advance bookings for next year’s event are already up on the 2018 bookings.

According to the Steam Packet, initial bookings for the 2020 event have seen 13,000 passengers securing a deposit booking within the first three days of TT deposit bookings opening on May 20 compared to just under 12,000 during the same period in 2018.

The airport hasn’t calculated its figures for the TT fortnight yet.

[Image: iomtodaylogo.jpg]
14-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Website Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Steam Packet records higher TT visitors
It always baffles me when the steam packet say the numbers are up on the year before.... The ferries are always fully booked... Allegedly

=======================================================================
See you on the island
14-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Find Reply
Yamaham Offline

Threads: 4
I presume we'll all get discount for next year then? Reward to loyal customers and all that! Confused
14-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
And yet the roads felt quieter again this year!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
17-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
(14-06-2019, 05:49 PM)Yamaham Wrote: I presume we'll all get discount for next year then? Reward to loyal customers and all that! Confused

That was mentioned a while back, along with the promise of new boats!
they used to do it a few years back, I think you had to have 3 bookings to get some kind of discount, if I remember correctly.
Regarding the "....records higher TT visitors" I always think they're saying it's "a record" the number of visitors this year!  
maybe it's just the way it's worded!! 
Numbers are still down on 2 years ago, tho'!
17-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Website Find Reply