WEATHER CURTAILS TUESDAY'S QUALIFYING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WEATHER CURTAILS TUESDAY'S QUALIFYING
[Image: TuesdayRainedOff.jpg]

There was more frustration for Classic TT competitors on Tuesday evening when, despite glorious weather for much of the day, heavy rain showers as the roads closed led to qualifying being cancelled for the evening.

Following a lack of practice time for the Senior and Junior Classic TT machines caused by a red flag on Monday and poor weather on Saturday, Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson elected to switch the two sessions for this evening with the Senior and Junior machines due away first.

However, the decision was superfluous as the weather closed in on the Isle of Man with heavy rain all around the course and the session was abandoned at 6.50pm without a bike turning a wheel.

Wednesday's schedule can be found here but with further bad weather forecast, a decision will be made ahead of the planned road closure as to whether the session will run.

For further information about the festivities across the Classic TT weekend, visit the Festival Pages.

[Image: 2019CLassicTThdr.jpg]
20-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Website Find Reply
Chris_Sav Online
Administrator

Threads: 124
RE: WEATHER CURTAILS TUESDAY'S QUALIFYING
Wednesday's is off as well, cancelled at 1500hrs
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
21-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Online
Administrator

Threads: 124
Thursday afternoon emergency session cancelled as well as per 1200hrs news, weather radar and mountain webcams look awful!
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2019, 12:03 PM by Chris_Sav.)
22-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Not looking good at the moment for tonight, half an hour to go & you can't see the footbridge from the tramstop on the mountain webcam!
I can see practice on Saturday & truncated races on Monday at this rate.
No contingency for Sunday roads closure at the Manx, maybe they'll get that changed in the future?
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2019, 05:30 PM by captainsparkledotcom.)
22-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Website Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
(22-08-2019, 05:29 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: I can see practice on Saturday & truncated races on Monday at this rate.
No contingency for Sunday roads closure at the Manx, maybe they'll get that changed in the future?

I can see Tuesday being a race day.... I seem to recall watching the newcomers manx gp on a Tuesday a year or three ago.

Fwiw.... I'm reasonably happy to have no roads closed on Sunday.... Be good to have a good day riding on the island on Sunday

=======================================================================
See you on the island
22-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
We'll be Ok! Weather's going to turn today!
(i'm hoping so, we have to come back Monday night!)
Was lucky in 2014, booked to come back Tuesday & saw Mondays delayed races & same last year the newcomers was on Tuesday, but not so lucky in 2014, missed the delayed action with having to come back Monday night.
I'm sure I heard on the radio that they had to get the Classic TT stuff out of the way by Monday night?    Could easily have misheard tho'! (me 'earin' aids have been playin' up!)
23-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Website Find Reply