BUSY TEST FOR CRUTCHLOW IN MISANO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BUSY TEST FOR CRUTCHLOW IN MISANO
[Image: LCRFlexBoxhdr.jpg]

The LCR Honda CASTROL Team completed a two-day test at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli on Friday, in preparation for the San Marino - Rimini Riviera Grand Prix there in two weeks’ time. Cal Crutchlow was just one of 25 riders out for the testing time at the Italian venue, with the whole MotoGP field plus test riders in attendance at the official session.

Over the two days Crutchlow completed a total of 59 laps of the tricky venue, with a best lap of 1’34.089. As well as working through a variety of settings for the race weekend, the Briton also had extra work to fit in for HRC and for tyre suppliers Michelin, who brought extra compounds for the riders’ assessment.The Grand Prix at Misano takes place in two weeks, from 13-15 September.

[Image: CrutchlowMisanoTest.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow – 21st - (1’34.089)

“We had a full programme of different tests to try and improve my feeling with the bike here in Misano. We’ve had a lot of things to try at this test including working on finding a good base setting on the bike that we can use in a couple of weeks. We also had a lot of things to test for HRC and Michelin which has meant we haven’t gone after a fast lap.”

“We’ve worked hard with the team and with Honda to improve, but I still feel there is more to come around this place. I’m not too worried about our position and lap times, this often happens that others put in one lap and come the race weekend they can’t repeat it. Hopefully it can work the other way around for me, I know I can be faster when the race week comes around. We’ll see how it goes. We had a decent weekend in Misano last year, so I hope we can repeat that this season.”

31-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Website Find Reply