Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Test New Development at Misano
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Test New Development at Misano
[Image: YamahaMonsterlogo.jpg]

Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP‘s Valentino Rossi and Maverick Viñales were back aboard their YZR-M1s yesterday and today for the Misano MotoGP Test and secured fourth and sixth place respectively in the overall combined timesheets.

With the Gran Premio Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini two weeks away, the team-mates used the available testing time to start preparing for next year, and to get a jump on round 13 of the 2019 MotoGP World Championship.

Rossi had two productive days at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli. He was eager to make another step with his bike and was feeling confident as he was strong right from the start of Day 1. At first, he tried the new prototype 2020 bike and later focused on comparing various parts and settings for the 2019-spec, all with positive results. The Doctor completed 68 laps on Day 1 and 67 laps on Day 2 for a 135-lap total. His best time, a 1‘32.389s set in the fourth - and last - session on lap 40, put him in fourth place in today‘s and the overall standings, 0.750s from first.

Viñales was feeling fully motivated to get to work after his podium at the Silverstone Circuit last weekend. Though he struggled with grip on Day 1, he still showed a strong rhythm, completing 93 laps. He continued working on the set-up of his bike today, for 98 laps, until the very end of the last session, when it was time to quickly put his findings to the test. The Spaniard clocked a 1‘32.576s, on lap 57/57 in FP4, and ended the day in sixth place in the Day 2 and the overall results, 0.937s from the top.

[Image: RossiMisanoTest.jpg]

Valentino Rossi - Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Team

“First we tested the prototype of the 2020 bike, but after that we focused more on some new stuff that we can also use in the last part of the current season. The test overall was not so bad because we improved the rear grip, the acceleration, and I feel good, and we are competitive.”

Maverick Viñales - Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Team

“We tried to work a lot for the race. We worked all the time on the set-up, especially to try to improve on the first laps of the race. Today has been a bit more positive than yesterday, so I‘m quite happy and pleased about the test. We especially improved in the hotter conditions. I‘ve been riding a lot when the temperatures were higher, trying to do a race simulation, and my pace is quite good, so I‘m actually really pleased with that.”

Massimo Meregalli - Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Team Director

“Overall, the test has been very positive. After the race in Silverstone, it‘s good that we found ourselves here in similar hot and dry conditions to do some testing. We suffered some grip issues during that race, so that was one of our targets here for this test. Over the two days Vale and Maverick tried the new 2020 engine-spec, the new carbon fibre rear arm, the new Akrapovic exhaust, and we also worked on the aerobody. All those items have been approved by our riders and will most likely be used at the next race. We‘ve not strayed from our plan and kept focused on maximising the race pace whilst preparing for the upcoming rounds. We will gather all the data to make further steps and are looking forward to the race here in Misano in two weeks‘ time.”

31-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Website Find Reply