The Moriwaki Althea Honda Team heads to Portimao
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
The Moriwaki Althea Honda Team heads to Portimao
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

The Superbike World Championship is set to get back into action with the final phase of the 2019 season, beginning with the Portuguese round that will take place at the Algarve International Circuit Portimao this coming weekend.

With rider Leon Camier’s return planned for the French round at the end of this month, in Portugal the Moriwaki Althea Honda Team will field current All Japan Road Race JSB1000 Championship leader Takumi Takahashi alongside Ryuichi Kiyonari.

The Japanese duo have already shared the garage during a two-day official testing session on 24-25 August at the same track.

[Image: KiyoprPoprtimao.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari - 23

I look forward to getting back to racing and I’m happy we tested at Portimao in August. The data and the experience we gained there will help to speed up our work on the bike’s setup over the weekend. The track itself is quite difficult, especially in terms of braking. Wheelieing is also something to manage in several areas. All in all, I enjoy the track though and I can’t wait to start on Friday.

Takumi Takahashi 13

I’m excited to race at Portimao and I’ll do my utmost to do a good job for the team. The track is enjoyable despite being very demanding for me, with a lot of changes in direction and elevation. We already did a lot of work during the test we completed there, but we want to try and make some more steps forward with the setup of the bike this weekend and improve both our pace and speed with respect to the test.
05-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Website Find Reply