Lougher Scarborough Bound
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lougher Scarborough Bound
[Image: Lougher4Scarboro.jpg]
Ian Lougher will bring one of the Team ILR - Mark Coverdale Patons to the 2019 Gold Cup meeting at Oliver's Mount.
Photo: Rowland White

Former Steve Henshaw International Gold Cup winner, and the most successful rider in the history of racing at Scarborough, the legendary Ian Lougher is once again heading for the Yorkshire coast as he eyes a return to a rejuvenated Oliver’s Mount on September 28-29.

Lougher last raced at the circuit in 2017, the last year racing was held there, and his two wins that year took his race victory tally to somewhere in the region of 139 with countless podiums thrown in for good measure over a remarkable 32-year period - a record that will take some beating, if ever.

Ian will have one of the superb Team ILR - Mark Coverdale Patons at his disposal at the Gold Cup meeting, and both rider and bike are sure to be a big draw when they race over the iconic 2.41 miles of England's only roads circuit.

Ian Lougher:

"I'm really looking forward to returning to Oliver's Mount, particularly on the Paton.

It's a circuit I first raced on back in 1985 and I haven't missed a year since, that's something I'm particularly proud of, along with my tally of record race wins.

Eddie (Roberts) and Mick (Grant) and the Two Four Three Road Racing Association, along with everyone involved, have worked tirelessly behind the scenes and are to be commended for their efforts in bringing motorcycle racing back to 'the Mount'."

[Image: teamILRlogo.jpg]
06-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Website Find Reply