A tough Sunday for the Moriwaki Althea Honda riders at Portimao
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
A tough Sunday for the Moriwaki Althea Honda riders at Portimao
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

The Portuguese WorldSBK round has concluded with disappointing results for the Moriwaki Althea Honda Team riders who were unable to score points in either of the day’s two races.

Despite this, the Portimao race weekend has generally been a constructive experience for Takumi Takahashi, while Ryuichi Kiyonari was ultimately able to improve on his bike’s set-up and reduce the gap to the front with respect to yesterday’s race 1.

The next round, set to take place at the French track of Magny Cours in three weeks’ time, will see Leon Camier re-join the Moriwaki Althea Honda squad alongside Kiyonari.

[Image: HondaBOysatPortimao.jpg]

Takumi Takahashi  13 - Superpole race: 17th - Race 2: 17th

“I’m not satisfied with my results in today’s races. I lost too much time behind other riders over the first laps and ultimately my pace was not competitive enough. I wanted to do better. Generally speaking, the weekend was a good and exciting experience even if I’m sorry Leon is still recovering from his surgery. The three-race format is tough, but it was good to pair with Ryuichi again, and everything ran smoothly in the garage. I wish to thank the team for all their hard work”.

Ryuichi Kiyonari  23 - Superpole race: 20th - Race 2: 19th

“Today we were able to find better balance in terms of the bike set-up and this meant that we were able to use a softer front tyre spec with respect to our usual choice. That improved both my feeling with the front and my general confidence on the bike. I’m sorry that results are still far from good, but I’ll keep working hard with my team and trying my best to do better. I really enjoyed sharing the garage with Takumi this weekend, we get along very well but it will be good to have Leon back at the next round”.

09-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply