TT grandstand to be replaced ?
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT grandstand to be replaced ?
[Image: GrandstandSeating.jpg]

The iconic TT grandstand in Douglas could be set to be replaced.

The Department for Enterprise has confirmed it's in the early stages of developing a project to create a new grandstand along with upgrading the paddock and surrounding amenities.

It's intended to be based at the site of the current structure and a brief for the idea is being written to discuss with architects and designers to explore what options are available.

Officials added as any work would take place around the TT and Festival of Motorcycling it requires a significant amount of planning and would also require consulting the landowner, nearby residents and other authorities.

As a result, the DfE says no timescale can be yet be given on when work would start or finish.

[Image: 3fmlogo.jpg]
11-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Website Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: TT grandstand to be replaced ?
I have never been a lover of the new Grandstand, (built 1986), but I am at a loss to understand why the Government think they need a new one.
Perhaps a new one would have a copious supply of charging points to cope with the massive influx of electric cars coming to the Island, not to mention the grid of 10 electric race bikes.
11-09-2019, 02:55 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: TT grandstand to be replaced ?
It's crazy Nick, we supposedly don't have any money at the moment either, I'll bet it's because they currently have to keep building and dropping that VIP thing next door every year, so they want a permanent VIP roof top viewing area and large function room below at a guess.

Or Skelly is simply trying to create a legacy, something they all seem to try and do when they know it's time to go, whether voluntarily or otherwise, something drive past in retirement and say to the grandkids "grandad built that when he was a minister"

Anyway you know what they say Nick, when you see things being knocked down that you can remember being built you know you are getting old!! doesn't seem that long ago when I watched it going up!!!!
11-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Find Reply