INTENSIVE DAY FOR CRUTCHLOW AT MISANO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
INTENSIVE DAY FOR CRUTCHLOW AT MISANO
[Image: CastrolPowerLogo.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow endured a testing day of qualifying for the San Marino Grand Prix and will start from 14th place on the grid at Misano. Things have not gone to plan for the LCR Honda CASTROL rider but the Briton remains upbeat ahead of Sunday’s race where he will sporting the famous red, white and green colours of the legendary oil manufacturer.

Tenth overnight, Crutchlow missed out on an automatic spot in Q2 as he posted the 13th fastest time in FP3. That left him needing to make the top two in Q1 but, despite a brave effort on his final lap, he had to settle for fourth position and 14thoverall. Although acknowledging he is struggling with his feeling on the bike at the moment, Crutchlow is still determined to put on a good show tomorrow.

[Image: CrutchlowMisanoQuali.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow – 14th - (1’33.516 – lap 7 of 8)

“Today was not a good day as you can see from the practice and qualifying positions. But this is the reality at the moment, it’s very difficult to ride the bike around the circuit, no matter what setting we put in. I already knew after the test here that it would be a difficult weekend, but I came into the weekend optimistic and, as always, I have to be optimistic for the race tomorrow – anything can happen. I will try and do my best pace and improve the lap time throughout the race to be competitive and there at the end in the battle that I’m in. The problem is I just don’t know the position that will be at the moment. I have to give credit to my team because they’ve worked very hard on the setting of the bike, but as I said, nothing seems to be working with my personal feeling at the moment. But I’ll try my best tomorrow whatever happens.”

[Image: MisanoQualiResults.jpg]
14-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Website Find Reply