Administrator

Threads: 18,390
APRILIA-GRESINI - ARAGON PREVIEW
[Image: ApriliaGresiniLogo.jpg]

LAST EUROPEAN ROUND BEFORE THE FAR EAST TOUR

ALEIX KEEN TO DO WELL AT MOTORLAND ARAGÓN

MEDICAL CHECK-UP THURSDAY FOR THE INJURED ANDREA IANNONE

BRADLEY READY FOR HIS LAST WILDCARD OF THE SEASON

Before departing for the long tour in the far east, MotoGP has one last round in Europe on the Spanish Motorland Aragón circuit. It is a track that the riders love because of its complex and likeable layout, full of ups and downs, fast sections and direction changes.

The Espargaró-Aprilia duo has a respectable record on the Aragón asphalt, with two sixth places in the last editions of the GP. This is a good start for a weekend that is particularly dear to the Spanish rider’s heart.

On the other hand, fresh from the injury he sustained in the Misano practice session, Andrea Iannone is busy recovering from the trauma of his left shoulder. The Italian rider’s condition will be assessed by the circuit Medical Centre which will have the final say on his participation in the GP.

At Motorland, Aprilia will be able to count on the contribution of Bradley Smith and the Test Team, busy with their final wildcard of the season. It will be a chance to increase the flow of information, both for the championship finale and for the tests in anticipation of 2020.

[Image: IannonepreAragon.jpg]
ANDREA IANNONE

ALEIX ESPARGARO'

"Aragón is a track where I have always done rather well. I like the layout and I expect to do better than in Misano. We know what our limits are. Right now, the best strategy is to always give 100%, trying to get the most out of the technical package we have available to us."

ANDREA IANNONE

"Since Misano I have been working to recover from the shoulder injury. Unfortunately we don't have much time. The situation is not perfect but only after the medical checkup will I know if it will be possible to race. My aim is to be there, even if I have to grit my teeth."

BRADLEY SMITH

"It’s good to be back on the track for my last wildcard of the season. We have done a lot of work behind the scenes on various tracks. We were in Aragón just a few days ago for a test. This weekend, my goal will be to help the official team ahead of the overseas rounds. It will be interesting to see where we are with respect to our competitors since everything evolves very quickly in MotoGP. This will help me understand where to focus our work for the rest of the season and in preparation for 2020."
19-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply