Honda heads to South America for WSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda heads to South America for WSB
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

The WorldSBK Championship heads to South America for the penultimate round of the 2019 season

Located in the San Juan province of Argentina, the San Juan Villicum Circuit is set to welcome the WorldSBK Championship this weekend for the penultimate round of the season.

Inaugurated only last year with the first WorldSBK event ever to be held in the South American country, the track is characterized by a technical layout that features significant undulation and is a total novelty for several of this year’s riders including Ryuichi Kiyonari.

Leon Camier, who made a strong return to racing action in France almost two weeks ago, did race at the track last year, his best result a tenth place finish in Race 1.

[Image: Camierpreargentina.jpg]

Leon Camier  2

“I’m happy with how it went in France after several months away. It was demanding from a physical point of view, but I was able to get through the weekend, working closely with the team and collecting some points in the races. Now we head to Argentina and I hope to be a bit more “bike-fit” this time. As for the track, I expect it to be a tricky one for us, but I like it well enough and they should have partially resurfaced it. We will see how we get on.”

Ryuichi Kiyonari  23

“I always look forward to preparing for the races with my team and bike, even when we have the added challenge of having to learn a new track as well as the general work required over a race weekend. Argentina will be one of those occasions and probably the most challenging one, as I’ve never even watched a race at this track and so it will all be completely new to me. Anyway, hopefully we will be able to start the weekend from where we left off in France and we’ll try and collect some more points during the weekend.”

09-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Website Find Reply