Kennedy excited to return to the Superbike stage
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kennedy excited to return to the Superbike stage
[Image: JackKennedytoBSB.jpg]

Jack Kennedy will step up to the British Superbike class in 2020 with the TAG Racing/Santander Salt team after retaining his Supersport crown at Donington Park on Saturday.

The 32-year-old Dubliner is joining Dan Linfoot to ride the all-new YZF-R1 Yamaha.

"I'm very happy to have signed for TAG Racing," he said. "I'm also excited by the new challenge and to be back in Superbike with a proven team. I feel we will do a really good job together."

Kennedy won the Supersport Championship with three races to spare with the Integro Appleyard McAdam Yamaha team.

And World Superbike champion Jonathan Rea will have a new team-mate for 2020 with yesterday's announcement that Leon Haslam will leave the Kawasaki Racing Team.

Haslam, the 2018 British Superbike champion, was brought into the factory Kawasaki outfit and has so far scored six podium results with two rounds, Argentina and Qatar, still to come.

The 36-year-old son of 'Rocket' Ron Haslam endured niggling injuries and struggled with his set-up this season.

The 'Pocket Rocket's' replacement has yet to be announced, but there is speculation that another British rider, Alex Lowes, could take up the ride following his departure from the Pata Yamaha team at the end of the season.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris
09-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Kennedy excited to return to the Superbike stage
[Image: Kennedy&Linfoot.jpg]

Supersport champion Kennedy joins Linfoot at Santander Salt TAG Racing for 2020 Bennetts BSB

Santander Salt TAG Racing have announced their 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship line-up with Dan Linfoot remaining with the team for a second consecutive season alongside double Dickies British Supersport Champion Jack Kennedy.

Linfoot will remain with the team for 2020, bidding to build on his 2019 campaign where he claimed a podium position at Brands Hatch earlier in the season, lining up on the all-new Yamaha YZF-R1.

Kennedy will join the team, after successfully defending his Dickies British Supersport crown, in a stellar season, which has seen him take 18 wins so far.

The team are set to take delivery of the all-new 2020 spec R1 in the coming weeks, with a testing schedule planned ahead of the new season.

Linfoot said:

“I’m really happy to get a deal done with Rob, Tracy and Gary for next season. Looking back we have experienced some technical issues this year and with a view of them coming right it only makes sense to start 2020 with those issues out of the way and having a proper go at the Championship onboard the new R1.

“I don’t need to waste any time in getting to know the team, we can hit the ground running in 2020, and we will have a lot more testing time throughout the winter which is going to help massively.

“I never really join any team with the idea of doing one year and then going elsewhere, it’s like a girlfriend if you like, I don’t go into anything with a short-term plan. It was always in my mind to stay with the team to grow and I’ve made it no secret that I love the team, they allow me to go and do other things outside of racing so from that point of view I’m ready for to go in 2020 and have a real go.”

Kennedy said:

“I’m over the moon, I had a job to do at Donington Park and that is now done so now I can focus on 2020 after getting myself a good ride in BSB with Santander Salt TAG Racing. I’m really excited, I’m happy to be staying with Yamaha as well, they are a good manufacturer to ride for and the R1 is a bike I feel I can really do well on.

“I feel like I have unfinished business in the Superbike class and with this opportunity I can prove myself again on a big bike. It really fits into place, the team speaks for itself for what they have done in the past, they have been around a long time also, which is good and I really feel I can put myself up the sharp end on a competitive bike that the team turn out.

“It almost feels identical to the Appleyard team because it is such a family run team, with a family environment and from the conversations that I have had with Rob and a few of the other lads in the team I get that same feeling and I really enjoy that. It’s a real welcome feeling because I am starting a family myself so there is no better time to join another family orientated outfit, I’m really looking forward to it.

“The new R1 has a lot of upgrades and updates to it so I’m sure it will be a stronger package, I’m excited to see what it is like, and also I’m excited to hear what Dan thinks because he will have ridden the old and new models.

“My goal is the Showdown of course. I haven’t felt as good as I ever have done in the last two years and I know I can put consistent results together, obviously it needs to be in the top five or six, but I feel we can get there when I get comfortable on the bike, there is no reason why we can’t.”

Team owner Rob Winfield:

“We’re delighted to have secured the quality of Dan and Jack for 2020, when Shaun told us his plans for next year our idea was to get two of the strongest riders out there onboard, and we fully believe we have done that.

“Although 2019 hasn’t lived up to what we and Dan expected the continuity is vitally important for us both, because the relationship the team has with him is fantastic, and he’s a perfect fit. The new spec R1 is just what we all need to freshen up our project, and going forward we are excited to see the results.

“To sign Jack is a great moment for us all, it’s not every day you get the chance to sign a double British Champion, and it’s my pleasure to welcome him to TAG Racing for 2020. From our initial conversations with Jack he ticked all the boxes of what we want from a rider, and I feel he will be a great fit in the team.

“Our goal for 2020 is to have both Dan and Jack fighting for the podium week in, week out. We know we have a lot of development work to do during the winter but we’re confident we have one of, if not the, strongest line ups on the grid for next season, so bring it on.”

The final round of the 2019 Bennetts British Superbike Championship Showdown takes place at Brands Hatch on October 18/19/20.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
11-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Website Find Reply