The WorldSBK heads into its floodlit season finale in Qatar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
The WorldSBK heads into its floodlit season finale in Qatar
[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]

Hosting the 2019 WorldSBK Championship grand finale this weekend, the Losail International Circuit in Qatar will once again be the stage for the amazing spectacle in which world class riders battle it out for supremacy under the floodlights.

Leon Camier is eager to get back on his bike and attempt to build on the promising work he and his crew have been able to complete in recent races, in order to try and finish the season on a high.

Ryuichi Kiyonari is also keen to be back in Qatar, at a track he likes and that holds good memories from when he wrapped up the 2012 Asia Road Race SS600 Championship thanks to a podium and a win and where he also scored some positive results (an 8th and a 4th place finish) in WorldSBK in 2009.

[Image: CamierpreLosail.jpg]

Leon Camier 2

“Qatar is a pretty crazy event obviously with the heat that could climb above 40 degrees Celsius, as it has in the past. It can be really very hot, which will make things interesting for sure. I don’t mind the track itself and I enjoy racing at night actually. The layout should be a hard one for us again, but I think we can figure something out with the bike again. We’ve got some ideas already that we want to try there in Free Practice, so I’m looking forward to getting start and will do my best.”

Ryuichi Kiyonari 23

“I’m very happy to race in Qatar because I like the Losail track very much, even though it can take a little some for the surface to shed the sand and for the grip to improve. Racing under the lights is unique, quite different to what we’re normally used to, and something you have to adapt to. Anyway, it didn’t turn out to be a problem when we raced here in WorldSBK ten years ago with positive results and again in 2012 when we secured the Asia Road Race title with a podium and a win, so I’m confident we can do a good job this weekend.”

Location Information

Losail International Circuit Al Wusail, North Relief Road,Doha, Qatar circuitlosail

[Image: LosailCircuit.jpg]

23-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Website Find Reply