HRC complete Official WorldSBK line-up for 2020 with announcement of Leon Haslam
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HRC complete Official WorldSBK line-up for 2020 with announcement of Leon Haslam
[Image: HaslamtoHonda.jpg]

2019 EICMA Show, Milan (Italy): Following yesterday’s 2020 Honda New Models Press Presentation, where the World Premiere unveiling of the sensational new CBR1000RR-R was the highlight of event, this morning the 2020 HRC Teams and Riders Presentation took place in the presence of Managing Officer, Chief Officer, Motorcycle Operations of Honda Motor Co. Noriaki Abe, President and Representative Director, Honda Racing Corporation Yoshishige Nomura.

Made even more special by the celebration this year of the 60th anniversary of Honda’s racing activities, the presentation once again brought together riders of the official HRC teams competing in the top motorsport championships worldwide – including the 2019 World Championship-winning triple of Marc Marquez (MotoGP), Tim Gajser (MXGP), and Toni Bou (Trial).

It was the perfect stage for Mr. Abe to announce the signing of Leon Haslam to partner recently announced Alvaro Bautista in the strong line-up of the HRC’s Official WorldSBK team in 2020.

“We will join WorldSBK with our new CBR1000RR-R with HRC factory team”, Mr. Abe commented. “We are happy to announce that we just fixed the rider line-up, with Leon Haslam becoming team-mate with Alvaro Bautista. I expect to see our WorldSBK riders fighting for victory”.

“For me to get the opportunity to be back with Honda and, most importantly, as an official rider with HRC back in the championship with a factory team, is like a dream come true” said Leon Haslam. “It’s so exciting to be involved in the project and already I’m thinking about when I can ride the bike and get to Phillip Island, one of my favourite tracks, for the first race. I can’t wait to ride the CBR1000RR-R. A new bike means that we’re looking at a big challenge of course, but the project is extremely professional, and we all know what Honda and HRC are capable of. What they have achieved in the racing world speaks for itself. It’s really a fantastic opportunity for me, and I’m ready to give it my all, for the team, the company and all our fans around the world”.

Full details of the HRC Official WorldSBK team will be announced at the team launch before the start of the 2020 WorldSBK season.

[Image: HRCRacingBiglogo.jpg]

05-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Website Find Reply