Brookes bidding to go one better in 2020 with Iddon completing the PBM Ducati line-up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes bidding to go one better in 2020 with Iddon completing the PBM Ducati line-up
[Image: Brookes-signs4PBM.jpg]

Reigning Bennetts British Superbike champions PBM Ducati have announced their 2020 line up with Josh Brookes returning for a second campaign alongside new recruit Christian Iddon, after the team completed the magnificent seven BSB title victories this year.

The Penrith-based team claimed the top two positions in the 2019 championship fight with Scott Redding celebrating title victory from Brookes, with the pair both sharing race-winning success during the first season of the new Ducati V4 R.

Australian Brookes ended the season with a hat trick of race wins at Brands Hatch, narrowly missing out on a second title by just five points, becoming the third most prolific race winner in BSB history with a total of 49 wins, just one behind Ryuichi Kiyonari and an additional 83 podiums since his debut in 2009.

Stockport’s Iddon meanwhile has been hampered by injury in recent seasons, but has twice claimed the Riders Cup title including this season after a strong end to the year with a front row qualifying performance and a brace of fourth place finishes.

Brookes said:  

“I’m very pleased to receive another chance of success with the PBM team. We came so close this year that it gives me more motivation to come back again. This time with a year of experience on the bike I will be better prepared for the task and my ideas on how to improve the package are already flowing.

“For Christian, I think joining the team is a great opportunity for him. As a rival I recognise his potential and I believe the team can supply everything needed to bring him to the front and be a championship contender.”

Iddon said:

“This is a dream opportunity for me for which I can’t thank Paul and the PBM team enough and I intend to grab it with both hands. I know this is a prized ride with such a good team and bike, so I plan to make the most of it.

“I’ve worked incredibly hard over the years but never quite had luck on my side so with my 100% focus like I’ve always had; I hope to repay their faith. I have some big boots to fill for sure, but I can’t wait to get started and I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.”

Team Owner Paul Bird commented:

“We are delighted to confirm our riders and plans for 2020 and after such a successful season in 2019, it’s vitally important to keep that momentum going. I think we can do that with Josh back for a second year to be joined by Christian.

“Josh came so close to winning the title this year so will be out to make amends for that and Christian has suffered nothing but bad luck in recent seasons, so this is his best chance. The opposition have seen what we can do with a raw rookie in Scott Redding so with two very experienced riders on board, we are hopeful of continuing our success with Ducati in BSB.”

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
06-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Website Find Reply