disabled accommodation for 2020 Classic TT
Dave Milligan Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
disabled accommodation for 2020 Classic TT
I am seeking accommodation from Sat 22 August to and including Friday 4 August (14 nights) for 4 people.
One of the group (Grant) is wheelchair bound because of his Multiple Sclerosis. He's a former racer in NZ and actually raced against the greats, Joey and Robert Dunlop in NZ in 1993 when they visited NZ to take part in the NZ champs. Ian Lougher was also part of that group and we still keep in touch.

Because of the wheelchair any accommodation will need to be at ground floor level unless there's a lift in the building.
My wheel chair bound MS suffering mate has wanted for may years to go to either the TT or the Classic TT and now a small inheritance has made it possible. His MS is severe and he don't know how long he might be with us, so this is very important to him that I find some suitable digs.

Those travelling with him are his full time nurse, a big strong mate to push his chair and his brother who lives in London and who he hasn't seen for several years.

Anyone able to help out, please respond direct to me - dave@getrouted.com.au or call me in Australia on +61 3 5625 9080.

Kind regards
Dave Milligan
Me, I'm a bike shipper living in Australia and I take groups of Aussies to the TT and Classic TT every year. I have searched high and low and can't find something suitable for Grant and his group. I'm doing this because his travel agent has no idea about the IoM and because Grant's disability prevents him - he's a good mate and that's what you do for mates.
21-02-2020, 02:05 AM
Find Reply
commandoz Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: disabled accommodation for 2020 Classic TT
Hi Dave try contacting joey Dunlop foundation just Google them.
Hopefully they will be able to help you. Best of luck getting your mate over.
Steve
21-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Find Reply
Dave Milligan Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
RE: disabled accommodation for 2020 Classic TT
Commandoz,
Thanks for your reply.
I've tried the Joey Dunlop Foundation - they are already full.

Kind regards
Dave Milligan
21-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Find Reply