Glen Lough camping.
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
Glen Lough camping.
I was visiting Isle of Man the first time in 1970. That means a 50 years anniversary 2020 and I’ll show up again next year for sure. I’ve been on the island about 15 times through the years.

Because of the 50 years I’m writing an article about my first visit for a Swedish bike magazine now. 1970 we put up some tents for almost 3 weeks in Glen Lough and were shocked at the first morning practice that we didn’t know anything about! I suppose it started around 5 am. Our tents were 20 yards from the main road!

For my coming article I’d like a picture from Glen Lough camping site at that time, around 1970. Do you have any oldies? Please can you help me with such a picture that I can publish with my article?
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
07-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Website Find Reply
SILJA Offline

RE: Glen Lough camping.
Anyone who knows where to ask for a picture, please? I've tried booknow@glenloughcampsite.com
No reply yet.
08-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Website Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
I don't know the answer, but maybe it would be worth making an appeal on general Manx forums rather than specifically just a TT forum as locals may have some.

Perhaps email Manx Radio too to see if they will put out an appeal? Maybe email local Manx library to see if they have any. Perhaps try photo agencies like Alamy, Shutterstock, etc.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
08-11-2019, 01:22 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
There's a couple of facebook nostalgia pages. I'll have a look through later for you Jan.
12-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

(12-11-2019, 02:01 PM)taxman Wrote: There's a couple of facebook nostalgia pages. I'll have a look through later for you Jan.

Thank you HammerHead and taxman. I'm not a member of Facebook so I appreciate that you will have a look. I've put my question on Manx Forums but no result yet. Only replies about other topics. I'm in contact with the persons who run the Glen Lough camping now and they promised to look for a picture though it's old for them!
13-11-2019, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
Sorry Jan but I've not found anything yet. Roy Moore has promised he'll have a look through his collection so I'll follow up with him.
18-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

(18-11-2019, 02:57 PM)taxman Wrote: Sorry Jan but I've not found anything yet. Roy Moore has promised he'll have a look through his collection so I'll follow up with him.

Thank you taxman. No hurry yet. My article will be published in the beginning of the next year.
19-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply