CRUTCHLOW AND NAKAGAMI ENJOY HONDA RACING THANKS DAY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW AND NAKAGAMI ENJOY HONDA RACING THANKS DAY
[Image: LCRHondaHdr.jpg]

LCR Honda racers Cal Crutchlow and Takaaki Nakagami were star billings as a host of motorsport VIPs joined in the celebrations for the Honda Racing Thanks Day at Twin Ring Motegi in Japan at the weekend.

2019 marks 60 years of Honda’s first entry into World Championship racing, and the company celebrated its tenth Thanks Day in front of over 17,000 fans who all were allowed free access so that Honda could show its gratitude for their support.

Many of the world’s top Honda athletes took part in the event, with Cal and Taka joined by the likes of F1 driver Daniil Kyvat, Indy 500 winner Takuma Sato, as well as former F1 World Champion Jenson Button among others.

With Nakagami unable to take part in the on-track action due to his recent shoulder operation, it was left to Crutchlow to hold up the LCR Honda honour out on track. The Brit won an entertaining kart race alongside his Super GT racing partner Hideki Mutoh, before just missing out on a win in the wacky Grom race behind Moto3 rider Ai Ogura.

Crutchlow later put on a real show for the fans as he lapped on the awe-inspiring Honda NSR500 that Eddie Lawson rode to victory in the 1989 500cc World Championship.

Honda Motor President Takahiro Hachigo offered a note of thanks to the fans:

“Honda started World Championship racing in 1959, the year I was born! Honda has been racing for such a long time! I want to say thank you to all the fans for supporting us all these years, both in motorcycle and in automobile motorsport.”

[Image: HondaDay1.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow

“It was incredible and a real privilege to ride an NSR! I grew up watching guys race these 500s – I used to think the bikes looked spectacular and now I know they are spectacular! The bike was fantastic but I can’t imagine racing one in 1989. I'd like to say a big thank you to HRC for this opportunity, because it has been a fantastic event for the fans, but also a special one for us riders”.

Takaaki Nakagami

“It’s always a pleasure for me to be here at the Honda Thanks days but this year, due to my recent shoulder surgery, I could not take part in the track activities unfortunately. Nonetheless I really enjoyed everything that was going on at the track and as always it was great to enjoy spending some time with the fans”.

12-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Website Find Reply