Festival of Motorcycling Title Has Been Dropped
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Festival of Motorcycling Title Has Been Dropped
An item published in one of the Islands Newspapers announces updates to various matters relative to the TT, Personnel and the FOM.

This cutting was sent to me, so I cannot personally vouch for it's authenticity, although it was forwarded by a very reliable source.

[Image: ACUChanges.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 12:13 PM by Malcolm.)
07-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Manxman78 Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Festival of Motorcycling Title Has Been Dropped
This is know surprise, and I am sure the Manx Grand prix/classic TT will be still as successful into the future.
07-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
Whilst I accept Malcom's caution as to validity, I do hope the the content is correct

I absolutely hate the dreadful name of 'festival of motorcycling' as a reference to my favourite event(s) of the year - The Classic TT & Manx Grand Prix
07-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 124
Interesting! Stand-alone names of Classic TT and Manx GP would be better. Some thought on the schedule would be good as the island becomes half empty after the Classic TT finishes and the Manx GP begins

Personally I won't be sorry if the VIP cars disappear from The Classic TT as well, annoying waste of marshalls' time waiting for the privileged few to swan around the whole course in cars whilst bikes could be racing.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
08-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
Reading between the lines here, I wonder has Gary Thompson now been directly employed by the governments motorsport development gang? given that "event safety officer" was a position formally held by a certain person who 'resigned' at this years MGP.
08-12-2019, 12:47 AM
Find Reply