OMG Racing unveil International Road Racing campaign for 2020
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
OMG Racing unveil International Road Racing campaign for 2020
[Image: OMGRoadsPromo1.jpg]

Bennetts British Superbike Championship (BSB) team, OMG Racing are delighted to announce their 2020 road racing plans, which include entry to the International Northwest 200 and the prestigious Isle of Man TT.

The team are set to announce their line-up over the coming days but have built a top-flight team to lead their inaugural roads campaign. Riders will be competing in the Superbike and Superstock class on-board the BMW S1000RR, and the Supersport on the Yamaha R6.

Since joining the Bennetts British Superbike Championship in 2018, OMG Racing have gone from strength to strength – taking their first win in the series in just their second season at Silverstone. In 2020, they line up in BSB with the returning Luke Mossey and former Moto-GP star Héctor Barberá, with Aussie ace Billy McConnell representing the team in Superstock 1000.

The team had previously expanded their line-up in 2019 to two British Superbike riders and a Superstock rider, and then again through the #SupportedByOMG scheme, which brings together young riders and great causes to apply for financial support to aid their ambitions.

OMG Team Principal Paul Curran is excited to take on the challenge of a roads campaign alongside the 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship.

Paul Curran, OMG Racing Team Principal

“This is obviously a huge announcement as we prepare to take on our first ever roads season as a team.

Road racing is something which has been on our radar for a while now but was a big investment in terms of time and resources, the team ownership agreed that it was something we couldn’t pass up on though – so it became a case of assembling a team capable of winning.

Our focus and commitment to British Superbikes won’t be changing, so our supporters can expect us to give 100 percent to both the BSB and the roads across the season.

We have some vastly experienced people coming on-board to help us develop behind the scenes, and on the bikes themselves – some household TT names – which we’ll be announcing over the coming days.

We’re not competing just for the fun of it, we’re racing to win and to shake up the road racing competitions as we have done on the circuits.

Paul Phillips, TT & Motorsport Business Development Manager – Isle of Man TT

“It’s always great to have a new team involved at the Isle of Man TT Races, OMG Racing have made a big impact in the British Superbike and Superstock Championships in their first couple of seasons, I’m looking forward to seeing them take on the TT.

We’re looking forward to working with Alan and his team and with their enthusiasm, commitment and set-up, there’s every chance we could see OMG Racing challenging for the podium in their first year.”

Alan Gardner, OMG Racing

“Since I was a boy I’ve been a fan of the Isle of Man TT, but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get the opportunity to be a part of this historic and prestigious event.

As a team, OMG Racing doesn’t do things by half measures, so securing the right riders was pivotal. We’ve worked with them to grow our team, based in Cannock, into attracting one of the very best Road Race crews in the country. It was also important that we ran the right bike, so the BMW S1000RR was the obvious choice.

The support we’ve had from Paul Phillips of the Isle of Man Government and Mervyn White, MBE of the Northwest 200 has been fantastic and I want to thank them both for the help and guidance they have given us.

There are so many great road racers, we want to give them another option. With bikes and teams built around their needs. A happy rider is a fast rider after all!

We know that we’re a new roads outfit, but we’ve spent our entire time in British Superbikes proving people wrong, and we ended up winning our first race in just our second season. So, who’s to say what we can achieve in our debut roads season?

Make sure to check in over the following days to find out OMG Racing’s roads line-up – follow the team on social media for all the latest updates, and to join the OMG Family yourself!

[Image: OMGlogo.jpg]

19-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Website Find Reply