MCGUINNESS JOINS QUATTRO PLANT BOURNEMOUTH KAWASAKI
ttwebsite Offline
Administrator

Threads: 44
MCGUINNESS JOINS QUATTRO PLANT BOURNEMOUTH KAWASAKI
[Image: McPintjoinsKawasaki.jpg]

Road racing legend, John McGuinness will contest the 2020 Isle of Man TT and International North West 200 road races for 2018 British Superbike Championship-winning team, Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki.

McGuinness, who celebrates his 30th year of racing in 2020, will ride Ninja ZX-10RR machinery in the Superbike and Superstock classes at both events.

Boasting an unmatched 47 podiums and a total number of 23 wins at the Isle of the Man TT, McGuinness will undoubtedly head into each competition this year amongst the favourites for race honours.

His form in Northern Ireland is also to be admired with six wins and 21 podiums, a track record that inspires both McGuinness and Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki to focus on getting back onto the podium at the TT and NW200.

It will be the first time McGuinness has ridden a Kawasaki at either event however the now 47-year old has previous experience on a green machine having taken a close second place on a Hawk Racing Kawasaki in the 2004 Ulster Grand Prix Superbike race.

John McGuinness:

“I’m delighted to announce my plans for the 2020 International road racing season and equally delighted to be riding for Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki. Their record on the roads with James Hillier, in terms of both results and reliability, along with their reputation within the bike industry, speak for themselves and with it being such a family-orientated team, it’s the perfect fit for me. It’s a highly reputable, professional team who have achieved great things on both the roads and the circuits and, for me, they tick all the boxes.”

“Pete drove all the way up from Bournemouth to Morecambe to meet me and put the offer on the table and it didn’t take much for me to sign – it was an easy decision. Everything made perfect sense and we’ve put together a good plan that will put us in the best position possible for the TT and North West 200. After my performances at Macau, I really got my mojo back and, with my leg now 100%, I feel like I’m as riding as well as ever. Joining Kawasaki and Pete’s team and riding the Ninja ZX-10RR is a new chapter for me, one I’m excited about and really looking forward to.”

Pete Extance, Team Owner:

“It’s absolutely incredible news that we can welcome road racing legend John McGuinness onto our Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki machinery. To me, John is Mr TT with his road racing feats elsewhere, at the likes of the North West 200 and Macau Grand Prix, simply superb and what an honour it is to have our Bournemouth Kawasaki dealership associated with him.”

“We both know there’s a big job ahead of us to be ready for the new season but it’s one that we know will be great fun. Hopefully, we can put John McGuinness back on the podium at the Isle of Man TT and North West 200 in 2020, the place where we know he belongs. Together with Alastair, we have a simply stunning line up of riders for the International road races and we can’t wait for it all to start.”

With Alastair Seeley holding the record for the most number of wins around the NW200 and being previously announced as racing in the International Northwest 200 under the same banner, the duo will make a formidable combination in this year’s road race season.

[Image: QuattroPlantLogo.jpg]

Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by traffic from both sides.
10-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: MCGUINNESS JOINS QUATTRO PLANT BOURNEMOUTH KAWASAKI
What's happened to Norton then ? ..
10-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Threads: 5
Are they solvent enough Alfie?

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
10-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

well R9 if you had ordered a Norton Superbike and were then asked for an advance on your already hefty deposit for an overdue purchase what you would be thinking ? ..
10-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Key people have left and have said there are serious problems. To put it nicely.
10-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

John has not had a competetive bike since 2016 it will be interesting to see how he stacks up against Hillier and co.

kilbil
10-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Find Reply
Dogsbody Offline

Threads: 10
11-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
be interesting to see what he can do
whats peoples thoughts
top15
top 10
top 3
personally if he gets close to a podium with the standard at the top end in last couple of years hell be cuffed to bits
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
11-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

@Scaramanga - i'm thinking somewhere around 6th, Hicky especially and Harrison I think have a little more to come and there's new faces coming up, lapping at low 130's in ideal conditions won't get a podium if the usual suspects finish the race. John seemed to have pulled all the stops out last time he won but the game/speeds and his age have moved on since then. The Kawasaki is a fast bike and looks like it steers well out there so will be good to see how fast John can pedal it.
11-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

(10-01-2020, 08:59 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: well R9 if you had ordered a Norton Superbike and were then asked for an advance on your already hefty deposit for an overdue purchase what you would be thinking ? ..

My pal's son paid circa £30k in full nearly 3 years ago. Good job he's patient

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
11-01-2020, 04:27 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

James H will also be upping his game additionally.

11-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

(11-01-2020, 04:27 PM)Rednine Wrote: My pal's son paid circa £30k in full nearly 3 years ago. Good job he's patient

Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers Crossfingers   30k times
12-01-2020, 09:41 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
I think it's no surprise he left Norton, reading between the lines of Stuart Garners recent statements.
I'm surprised (& excited!) that it's Kawasaki.

Come on John, us Morecambe folk are right behind you, let's make it happen!
12-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
No reason at all why he shouldn't be top 5 or even on the podium providing he gels with the Kawasaki, he's still one of the top 5 fastest riders at the TT.
12-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

JM 130 is trying to get hold of Stuart Garner according to his Twiier account but he`s not having much success, I wonder why Dodgy
18-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Stuart Garner is probably still trying to set off his VAT bill owed to HMRC against his R&D expenses?

22-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

Threads: 3
Just heard on the news Norton have gone into liquidation.
Sad but expected I guess
....today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
29-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Find Reply