Irwin brothers experience new Honda Fireblade at media launch in Qatar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Irwin brothers experience new Honda Fireblade at media launch in Qatar
[Image: IrwinBrosTesting.jpg]

Honda Racing’s Glenn and Andrew Irwin were back on track this week at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar for the first media launch of the all-new Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP.

The Honda Racing team took delivery of the new Superbikes to their Louth HQ just before Christmas and are currently continuing their preparations for their debut at next month’s opening Bennetts BSB official test at Monteblanco in Spain.

However, the Irwin brothers joined media from around the world to get on track at the launch, with the pair counting down to their first experience of the BSB specification Superbike in February.

Glenn Irwin said:

“It was great to ride the new Fireblade again, it gave us the opportunity to run through some things and I feel we made another step forward with bike familiarisation. This week wasn’t about lap times, but we had a go at the end of the day! It was nice to see what the standard road Fireblade SP can do without any upgrades! It’s been great to get out riding again and it has been a good trip working with the Japanese and the project leaders. A huge thank you to everyone at Honda for making this happen.

Andrew added:

“I really enjoyed riding the new Fireblade in Qatar, I feel every time I ride the bike I’m improving; it wasn’t about lap times for us, we were working on our riding styles so we can adapt to the Superbike. I feel fit on the bike, so it’s good to see the work I’ve been doing over the winter is paying off. I can’t wait to get on the Superbike now and get to proper work with that! I’d like to thank Honda for inviting me this week, it’s probably one of the best bike related trips I’ve ever experienced.”

[Image: HondaRacingLogo.jpg]

31-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Website Find Reply