Michael Dunlop: Ballymoney rider still to agree Superbike deal for 2020
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Dunlop: Ballymoney rider still to agree Superbike deal for 2020
[Image: MIckyD-NoBigBike.jpg]
Dunlop will compete in his own MD Racing colours in the Superstock and Supersport classes

Michael Dunlop says he remains without a deal to ride a Superbike in 2020 and is "open to proposals".

Dunlop, 30, will compete in the Supersport and Stockstock classes under his own MD Racing banner which has been the case in recent seasons.

The Ballymoney man has ridden a Superbike for the Tyco BMW team in the last two seasons.

"I currently have no agreement in place to ride a Superbike for this season," said Dunlop on his Facebook page.

The majority of Dunlop's racing rivals have finalised their arrangements for the 2020 campaign.

Dunlop earned his 19th Isle of Man TT triumph in 2019 as he won the Supertwin event but his campaign was affected by injury.

He suffered a wrist problem in the early part of the season after a crash in testing before being injured while driving in the Donegal Rally.

The Northern Irish rider then suffered a broken pelvis at the Southern 100 in July and while he returned to earn wins at his home Armoy Road Races meeting, he was not able to fully compete on the main race day at the Ulster Grand Prix.

[Image: bbcsportni.jpg]

06-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Website Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Michael Dunlop: Ballymoney rider still to agree Superbike deal for 2020
Does MD still have the fire in him to race I wonder or is he going through the motions. To be even on the pace of Hickman and Harrison  he needs to be a lot more committed than he has been over the last few years. To beat them then that is another level he`d have to find. Just my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 02:03 PM by eman1948.)
07-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I think the way Michael has jumped from team to team, manufacturer to manufacturer is a testament to his natural ability but I think the days were you can just rock up to the TT with a couple of race meetings behind you and be on the pace are behind us. Hickman is already out on a bike now at Colin Edwards Boot Camp sharpening his skills up and by the time the TT comes around he's going to have 3 BSB tests, 3 BSB rounds and the North West 200 under his belt as well.

It's no surprise that the year in which Michael set his fastest time at the TT(2016) he got a lot of mileage beforehand, some BSB tests, couple of rounds and the North West.
07-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
He doesn't strike me as the sort of person to be "going through the motions" generally, but considering what has happened to his family I would be even more surprised if this is the case.

I think when he decides to do something he is committed and determined, and that he just like to keep his cards close to his chest.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
10-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I've a hunch he's going to Smiths, they tweeted over the weekend they have some news but we have to wait 4 weeks to get it, isn't the TT launch in about 4 weeks? Hmmm...
17-02-2020, 07:48 PM
Find Reply