James Ellison confirmed for NW200 on Powerslide Motorcycles Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
James Ellison confirmed for NW200 on Powerslide Motorcycles Suzuki
[Image: EllisonEntersNW.jpg]

Former MotoGP rider and British Superbike race winner James Ellison will make his debut at this year’s North West 200.

The 39-year-old from Lancaster will ride a Suzuki GSX-R1000 for Powerslide Motorcycles as he tackles the roads for the first time in May. The news was announced on Tuesday by the Stoke-on-Trent-based dealership.

Brad Clarke, a director at Powerslide Motorcycles and a racer himself, will also make his debut alongside Ellison at the international road race, which takes place from May 12-16.

He revealed that both he and Ellison had been ‘made to feel very welcome’ in Northern Ireland. In a post on his Facebook page, accompanied by photographs taken at JKC BMW in Coleraine, Clarke said: “What a way to start a Tuesday morning. Can finally say that my good mate, ex-MotoGP rider and BSB contender JD Ellison is out here with me and is going to be riding a Powerslide GSXR-1000R at this year’s North West 200 alongside myself as I make my roads debut.

“Been made to feel most welcome over here but very surreal to have a legend like James representing our dealership at this massive event. Got a lot to sort out over the next few months and a lot of updates on the progression but big thanks to everyone that has supported us and the sponsors that have come on board so far.”

Ellison, who finished seventh in the 2011 World Supersport Championship and 16th in the MotoGP World Championship in 2012, is following in the footsteps of fellow top short riders who have raced at the North West, including Alastair Seeley - the most successful rider ever at the event - Michael Rutter, Peter Hickman, Carrickfergus man Glenn Irwin and most recently Richard Cooper, who claimed a brilliant runner-up finish on his debut in 2019.

Ellison rode for several teams in last year’s British Superbike Championship, including Smiths Racing and OMG Suzuki, finishing 21st in the final standings.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White

12-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Website Find