Paul Jordan targets rostrum at Isle of Man TT after signing Paton deal
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Paul Jordan targets rostrum at Isle of Man TT after signing Paton deal
[Image: PaulJordan4Paton.jpg]
Paul Jordan will ride an Italian Paton machine at the Isle of Man TT in the Lightweight race this year for VAS Engine

Paul Jordan has struck a deal with the Italian VAS Engine Team to ride a Paton S1R at the Isle of Man TT in the Lightweight race.

The Magherafelt man finished a career-best fourth in the class at the TT in 2019 and will be striving to make it onto the rostrum in June on the bike that Stefano Bonetti rode to glory in the Supertwin race at last year’s North West 200.

Jordan, who will compete at the Irish national meetings this season on the Burrows Engineering/RK Racing machines, said he was ‘over the moon’.

“To say that I am over the moon is an understatement,” he said. “I’m happy to be landing myself with such a competitive bike for the Isle of Man TT and I can’t wait to get my first run on it.

“I’m so excited I’ll be riding a bike that is a proven winner at the TT and also I’ll be over to the island this year after having built experience from last year. This time I can come to the Isle of Man a bit more relaxed and really try and get myself on the podium, which I felt I had the pace to do last year.

“The first lap killed me, though, as I was struggling and it took me to the second lap to get going and I ended up in fourth place,” added Jordan, who earned his maiden international success in the Supertwin class at last year's Ulster Grand Prix.

“I want to thank the VAS Racing Team for giving me this opportunity and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone on the island.”

Jordan has yet to unveil his plans for the international road races this year.

VAS Engine team owner Vittorio Salerio has also signed Frenchman Pierre Yves Bian for 2020, who won the Newcomers A Race at last year’s Manx Grand Prix.

“Last year we had some strong results and a North West 200 win on our debut. Our aim for 2020 is to repeat this string of very good results,” Salerio said.

“This year we will make our debut at the most important road race in the world, the Isle of Man TT. We will have two S1R Patons for the Lightweight class with Pierre Yves Bian and Paul Jordan onboard. I’m proud to be working with such a talented rider as Paul and I’m happy I can give him an opportunity with a very competitive bike.

“I think he will be a perfect team-mate for a newcomer like Pierre. I also want to thank Martimotos Team for the help during the season.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White

06-03-2020, 04:51 PM
Website Find Reply