Norton Motorcycles – what happened today?
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Norton Motorcycles – what happened today?
[Image: NortonLogo.jpg]

In a change to scheduled broadcasts, here is an update on some changes to businesses associated with Stuart Garner, Donington Hall and Norton. 

As previously mentioned here, TTorpa Ltd was a business owned by Stuart Garner. It’s a little bit of a grey area, but it appears that TTorpa Ltd was formed on the 31 March 2015 in order to pitch for a contract that was up for tender associated with the global TT series that the IOM Govt put out. When the decision was made not to commence with the global TT series, Stuart Garner (as the director) changed the name of TTorpa Ltd to Norton Motor Cars on the 17th October 2018.

[Image: 830]

Changes logged at Companies House as of the 11th March 2020 show two things. The first is another name change for the business. Previously known as Norton Motor Cars Ltd, is now know as Norton MC Limited.

Another change made is the resignation of Stuart Garner as the Director, replaced by Stuart’s wife, Susannah Garner. 

What is interesting is the registered business address for Norton MC Limited at Companies House is still Donington Hall, home of Norton Motorcycles. 

A quick look at Companies House shows a company called Donington Hall Estates Ltd. The two names registered to that business are Stuart Garner and Norton Motorcycle Holdings Ltd. Another look shows a charge was placed on Donington Hall Estates Ltd by Metro Bank (who appointed BDO and placed Norton in administration back in January). Confused? Me too. In the words of possibly the greatest singer ever…

We asked BDO for some clarity today on the situation, which as we see it appears to show a business called Norton MC and registered at Donington Hall being active and above board. At the time of publishing, we haven’t heard back from them. 

We also asked Stuart Garner for some clarity on the situation and what the intention was with Norton MC. At the time of publishing, Stuart has yet to reply. 

[Image: SuperbikeLogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 01:30 AM by Malcolm.)
12-03-2020, 01:27 AM
Website Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Norton Motorcycles – what happened today?
Well well. Norton M.C. does appear active, but I would doubt that it is "above board".
We can only hope that the liquidators get to the bottom of this shambles, it would please many folk if Garner is brought to task to explain his actions over the last few years.
It is quite alarming to know that TTorpa was formed with a view to bidding for the TT World Series. We should be thankful, I suppose, for small mercies. 
Thank you for posting this Malcolm.
12-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
From the outside with there TT aprances the Norton brand seemed to be going from strength to strength. I was totally fooled. I very nearly took out a loan  to buy a new Norton. I'm so glad I went for the tiger 1200 instead.
I hope someone can take it over and keep the company running. They have come along way from the 1st commandos they were putting out. With the model line up they have now there must be a viable business there with the right person at the helm. And not wasting money running round in flash cars.
12-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Don't waste your money on one Chrisp955. Keep the Triumph. I have ridden the Nortons, and in my opinion they are not very impressive.
The only folk doing well out of them are dealers who buy the second hand ones........and sell them on for large profits..... to unsuspecting collectors, who have no intention of actually riding one!!
12-03-2020, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
pete954 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
(12-03-2020, 10:56 AM)Chrisp955 Wrote: From the outside with there TT aprances the Norton brand seemed to be going from strength to strength. I was totally fooled. I very nearly took out a loan  to buy a new Norton. I'm so glad I went for the tiger 1200 instead.
I hope someone can take it over and keep the company running. They have come along way from the 1st commandos they were putting out. With the model line up they have now there must be a viable business there with the right person at the helm. And not wasting money running round in flash cars.

Splashdown knows exactly what he's talking about, especially when it comes to Norton and Garner.
PJB
15-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
I will take splashdown word for it. I'm sticking with my Triumphs.
Let's hope Norton can find a John Bloor of there own and keep the company going.
And Mr Garner is made to stand up and answer to his actions.
16-03-2020, 12:09 AM
Find Reply