SYNETIQ BMW REVEAL HUTCHINSON'S RETURN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SYNETIQ BMW REVEAL HUTCHINSON'S RETURN
[Image: FullGasMagFrontPage.jpg]

TAS Racing, who will operate under the all-new SYNETIQ BMW Motorrad banner during 2020, are today launching their new e-magazine title ‘Full Gas’ – with the feature article offering an exclusive insight on 16-time TT winner Ian Hutchinson, who will return to the TAS Racing set-up when the ‘Pure Road Racing’ season re-commences.

Hutchinson, who had great success with TAS Racing on S1000RR machinery back in 2016 and 2017, winning races in British championship, the Isle of Man TT, North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix, said of the SYNETIQ BMW Motorrad appointment.

[Image: synetiqhdr.jpg]

Ian Hutchnson - #4 SYNETIQ BMW

“Putting this deal together with Philip [Neill] and SYNETIQ BMW to do the International Road Races is perfect for me really, I was secretly hoping that would be the case all winter if I’m honest. I had great success and a lot of fun the last time I rode the S1000RR for TAS Racing, and having prepared so well in January and February I’m ready to race when all this lockdown is over.”

Philip Neill, Team Principal, TAS Racing:

“I honestly thought our racing days with Ian had come to an end after our successful partnership through 2016/17. However we are clearly delighted that Ian was not only available but extremely keen on a return to TAS Racing. People may differ in their opinions on the various riders but one thing everyone can agree on, is the utter determination shown by Hutchy time and time again. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of dedication and effort the man puts into his preparation for racing, and for that reason he is the perfect man to lead SYNETIQ BMW into this new chapter of our racing journey. We can only hope there is an opportunity available to celebrate the partnership during 2020.”

28-04-2020, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
RE: SYNETIQ BMW REVEAL HUTCHINSON'S RETURN
I always had a bit of an inkling that this would be the case as Hutchy was available and it wouldn't be like TAS to not have a road racer, in fact I think it would have been their first time. Good to seem them back together, they had a lot of success first time around.
29-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Find Reply
Yamaham Offline

Threads: 4
It seems to me that both parties feel that there is unfinished business, at the T.T in particular. Hutchy had his fingertips on the Senior trophy before his crash in 2017 and surely would've went well at that year's UGP too. The announcement just adds to the disappointment though doesn't it? Hutchy back with TAS, Dunlop on the Ducati, Hickman and Harrison settled and ready to raise the bar higher, and the likes of Cummins, Hillier, Todd and the Johns(t)on's etc of this world all snapping at their heels in all classes. Makes me even more gutted that it's been cancelled!
29-04-2020, 02:17 PM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

Threads: 13
The last card in place for what must be the best entry list in years. Roll on 2021.

Kilbil
29-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Find Reply