Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP rejoice in start of the 2020 MotoGP season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: yamaharacinglogo.jpg]

Following MotoGP’s 2020 calendar announcement, the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team members and riders Maverick Viñales and Valentino Rossi are ready to take the show on the road.

The Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team is delighted to share MotoGP’s updated 2020 racing calendar.

The crew, Maverick Viñales, and Valentino Rossi have been eagerly awaiting the start of this year’s title quest – much like the fans – and are raring to go.

The 2020 MotoGP World Championship will consist of a minimum of 13 and a maximum of 17 rounds in total. The MotoGP teams will be visiting at least 5 and at most 9 countries, and a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 circuits. The first 13 rounds will be held in Europe between July 19th and November 15th. The four overseas rounds will potentially take place between November 22nd and December 13th.

The Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team have been preparing for their return to the MotoGP paddock for a while, adapting their usual work plan to fit the new team member restrictions as well as the health and safety regulations.

The team’s staff and riders will greatly miss the fans at the track, but hope everyone will still thoroughly enjoy being able to watch MotoGP action again from a remote location in a safe manner.

[Image: YamahaBackJune.jpg]

Massimo Meregalli - Team Director

Finally the wait is over! I think the announcement of an updated 2020 calendar is happy news for every MotoGP fan – just as much as it is for us, the team members and our riders. The temporary halt in motorsport activity was, of course, crucial and the right thing to do, and we all had to play our part in the battle against Covid-19, but now we can look forward to better times. But that doesn’t mean MotoGP is going to be 100% the same as it was. We have been preparing for the start of the 2020 MotoGP season for weeks now at the Yamaha Motor Racing headquarters, so we are ready to go, following all the required new health and safety regulations. We’ll have a smaller crew and will be working with the mandatory Personal Protective Equipment, including face masks and face shields. The races will also be strange without the fans present at the track – we will certainly miss them – but I think we can all agree that it’s great that we will finally be able to watch the riders in action again!

Maverick Vinales

The announcement of the updated 2020 calendar is great news! It's something we all have been waiting for, for a long time, especially the fans. I think they love the sport just as much as we, the riders, do, so they must have really missed watching it. Of course I'm very excited to ride my M1 again and meet up with my crew. It's been a long time since we were testing in Qatar. It's going to be a unique kind of year, and it will be strange to ride without fans present at the track, at least for now. But I will do my best to make sure that we put on a good show at every round to entertain the fans watching at home.

Valentino Rossi

I think everyone is feeling a great emotion after seeing the updated 2020 calendar - it's a bit of a relief for all in the team and also for the fans. The lockdown was a serious and strange situation, but it worked, and I think that in the end it makes us all appreciate the racing even more. I missed riding my M1 a lot. It will be interesting to see where we stand, because it's been a while since the last test. For sure, we will try the maximum to be there at the front again and give the fans a reason to tune in and cheer us on.

12-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Website Find Reply