McAMS Yamaha unveil 2020 livery as BSB calendar announced
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McAMS Yamaha unveil 2020 livery as BSB calendar announced
[Image: McAmsYamahaHdr.jpg]

The McAMS Yamaha team are pleased to reveal the 2020 Yamaha YZF-R1 Tarran Mackenzie and Jason O’Halloran will race in the 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship.

After months of uncertainty throughout the coronavirus pandemic, series organisers MSVR have today announced a revised 2020 calendar, which is set to get underway in August at Donington Park.

The series will be contested over six rounds, each featuring three BSB races meaning the 2020 title will be decided over an 18 race season.

Campaigning the updated 2020 YZF-R1 this season, McAMS Yamaha enjoyed a positive pre-season testing programme in Spain back in March and remain raring to go ahead of the season’s start.

The 2020 R1 has already seen success in other series with Toprak Razgatlioglu taking victory in both his and the bike’s first outing with the Pata Yamaha World Superbike team in Australia back in February, while Cameron Beaubier took an emphatic double at the opening round of the MotoAmerica championship just a couple of weeks ago.

After three months without riding, both Mackenzie and O’Halloran will be taking part on track days on stock machinery ahead of their first time back on their superbike at the official BSB test.

Since lockdown restrictions were eased, the team has been busy continuing to prepare the bikes for the start of the season with everything on track to be ready for a July test.

Proposed 2020 BSB Calendar

Round 1: 07 – 09 August – Donington National
Round 2: 21 – 23 August – Snetterton 300
Round 3: 04-06 September – Silverstone National
Round 4: 18-20 September – Oulton Park
Round 5: 02-04 October – Donington Park GP
Round 6: 16-18 October – Brands Hatch GP

[Image: McAmsYamahaBike1.jpg]

Tarran Mackenzie

“It’s great to have some light at the end of the tunnel and a plan to go racing in 2020! Pre-season testing went really well for us and we managed to learn a lot about the new YZF-R1 and although we weren’t quickest on paper, the progress we made was significant. Having seen how Toprak and Van der Mark rode in Philip Island, on bikes very similar to ours, I was feeling good about the year ahead and still do!

“If all goes to plan and we can get 18 races in over six events that will be brilliant. A shortened championship will be a little different and very intense, but that should make it even more exciting! I’ve got a couple of track days planned in as I haven’t ridden on track since Almeria in March, so it’ll be good to get my eye in before jumping on the superbike for the first time!”

Jason O'Halloran

“It’s been a strange few months not knowing what’s going to happen this year, so to have a 2020 calendar in place is a nice as it looks like we are going to get some racing in when at some points it maybe looked doubtful! I’m itching to get back out on the 2020 R1, testing was good and you’ve seen how the bike performed in World Superbikes and more recently MotoAmerica.

“A shortened season with three races a weekend is going to keep us on our toes, BSB is always close and exciting but this year that’s going to go up a level as there’s a lot on the line over those six rounds instead of 12! I’ve got a track day spec R1 I’m going to get out on towards the end of the months for some practice as I haven’t ridden in a while!”

Steve Rodgers - Team Principal

“After what has been a difficult few months for everyone, it’s definitely nice to have some positive news in the shape of a proposed race calendar. Stuart and the team at MSV are doing a great job as they look to get us back on track in the safest and most responsible way and we fully support what they are doing.

“Thanks has to go to all of our partners, especially McAMS, as their support through the last few months has been vital to keeping things on track.

“We enjoyed three positive tests earlier this year and were itching to get started in April so the delay has only got us more fired up. A shortened series will be very different and as a team we’ll have to tackle it in a different way, but that is a challenge that we look forward to as it should mean the fans, who have been waiting so patiently, get the close, exciting show they deserve.”

14-06-2020, 03:09 PM
Website Find Reply