SYNETIQ BMW 'LOCKED & LOADED' FOR ROUND ONE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SYNETIQ BMW 'LOCKED & LOADED' FOR ROUND ONE
[Image: SynetiqTAShdr.jpg]

TAS Racing will commence its 20th year of competitive action, when MSVR ‘breathe life’ into the 2020 British Superbike Championship this coming weekend at Donington Park on the National Circuit.

Re-branded SYNETIQ BMW Motorrad for ‘twenty-twenty’, Hector and Philip Neill’s official BMW Motorrad British Superbike team, will field young-guns Bradley Ray and Taylor Mackenzie on S1000RR machinery in the rescheduled six round [18 race] series.

Due to current Covid-19 lockdown measures, the opening races at Donington Park will be behind closed doors, in line with other UK based premier sporting events, but with Eurosport broadcasting all three races live on Saturday and Sunday – our new title partner SYNETIQ and other associate sponsors can enjoy the experience from the comfort of their own homes, in an ‘as live’ environment.

The recent official BSB test at the same Leicestershire venue gave both riders an opportunity to ride their TAS Racing prepared S1000RR Superbikes and re-familiarise themselves with the Donington Park National Circuit. Brad Ray was just a few-tenths adrift of the quickest time at the test and is feeling more-and-more comfortable with his new team and machinery with every session in the saddle, as he explained.

[Image: BradRaypreDonny.jpg]

Brad Ray, #28 British Superbike Rider:

“I’m super excited to get started at Donington Park for round one of the British Superbike Championship. I’m feeling really comfortable on my SYNETIQ BMW and I’m also gelling with the TAS Racing team really well. It’s going to be an interesting year with only six rounds, but it’s also going to be very busy with three races at every round; and of course, we are racing in a conventional championship this season, so we get to fight right until the last race. Overall, I’m feeling happy and confident in myself and I feel going into this season, I’m more ready than ever.”

Taylor Mackenzie enjoyed a couple of ad-hoc appearances on TAS Racing BMW S1000RR Superbike machinery at the end of last season, following a very successful year in the National 1000cc Superstock class, also aboard a BMW S1000RR. Unfortunately for Taylor, he is currently recovering from a knee ligament strain that he picked up a number of weeks ago. This will potentially hamper his progress at round one, but we are confident he can battle through and pick up some valuable points on the opening weekend of the 2020 season. Explaining the current situation, Taylor said:

Taylor Mackenzie, #99 British Superbike Rider:

“Ironically with the lockdown this was the fittest I’d ever been coming into a season, but the knee injury in training has been a set-back and I’m now less prepared that I would like to have been. I’m not one hundred percent where I should be or would like to be. In saying that, I’m glad that I’m going to be riding my SYNETIQ BMW this weekend at Donington Park and hopefully with track-time and regular physiotherapy I will be back to where I need to be very soon.”

Philip Neill, SYNETIQ BMW Team Principal:

“Although there will clearly be some changes in routine this weekend we are really excited to open our 2020 BSB campaign. Credit must go to MSVR for getting the season back on track in view of the significant challenges presented during recent months.

Although testing has been limited we have added a number of significant technical updates to our SYNETIQ BMW S1000RR with the full support of our colleagues in World Superbike. Both riders have reacted positively to the technical updates and although some fine tuning is still required, we expect to open our account strongly this weekend with a specific importance placed on consistency during the early season races.

This weekend also marks our first opportunity to introduce our title partner SYNETIQ to BSB and although not present in numbers this weekend due to the current restrictions, we hope everyone involved enjoys watching from home.

Of course we will miss our supporters on site at Donington however, I’m certain the series broadcaster will do a superb job relaying the action to fans at home and we hope everyone enjoys the entertainment after the long delay”

07-08-2020, 11:39 AM
Website Find Reply