McAMS Yamaha confident ahead of Silverstone return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McAMS Yamaha confident ahead of Silverstone return
[Image: McAmsYamahaHdr.jpg]

The McAMS Yamaha team are raring to go ahead of Rounds 7/8/9 of the 2020 Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Silverstone this weekend.

The 1.6-mile national circuit hosts the next three races on the revised 2020 calendar and McAMS Yamaha are hoping for a strong weekend given their pace at the iconic venue last year.

Tarran Mackenzie took his maiden British Superbike victory in the opening round at Silverstone last year, and while team-mate Jason O’Halloran didn’t score any points through any fault of his own, the Aussie was also rapid on the Silverstone national layout.

2020 got off to a strong start for the team at Donington Park with O’Halloran taking pole position and two rostrum finishes in the opening races, but both he and Mackenzie struggled to find a feeling with the 2020 YZF-R1 at Snetterton until the final race, which saw both riders take a significant step forward.

Fighting for the podium in the final race, Mackenzie was confident his side of the garage had made a breakthrough and is looking to prove that as he returns to the scene of both his first BSB podium and victory.

Having already stood on the podium this year, O’Halloran is determined to get back to the front at a circuit which should play to the strengths of the YZF-R1.

Practice begins on Friday with qualifying and Round 7 on Saturday ahead of Rounds 8 and 9 on Sunday.

2020 BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUNDS 7/8/9 SILVERSTONE

Friday 4th September
15:30 – 16:15: Free Practice 1

Saturday 5th September
09:20 – 10:05: Free Practice 2
12:15 – 12:40: Datatag Extreme Qualifying
16:30 – Race 1 (25 laps)

Sunday 6th September
09:15 – 09:25: Warm Up
12:15 – Race 2 (30 laps)
16:30 – Race 3 (30 laps)

[Image: McAmsPreSilverstone.jpg]

Jason O'Halloran - C'ship - 5th

“We’ve had a mixed start to the year with the podiums at Donington and then a tougher weekend at Snetterton, but I am feeling confident going into Silverstone. Last year we were very strong on the Silverstone national track and the bike should be good there this year too. At Donington I was able to fight at the front, so I want to get back to that stage this weekend and get back on the podium where I know we should be.”

Tarran Mackenzie - C'ship - 7th

“The first couple of rounds were a bit challenging, but towards the end of the weekend at Snetterton I found a much better feeling with the bike and was able to fight in the leading group. Silverstone is a circuit I really enjoy, I took my first BSB podium there in 2018 and then my first win there last year, so hopefully we can take the confidence and feeling we found at Snetterton through to this weekend and built on that to kickstart our season as while we’ve got some important points on the board so far, we want to be fighting for the podium.”

Steve Rodgers - Team Owner

“Silverstone has always been a track that has suited the R1 so we are looking forward to going there this weekend, but remain realistic about our goals.

“BSB is a tough series so you cannot go anywhere and assume it’ll be easy, we know the bike’s strengths suit Silverstone so we need to put the hard work in on Friday and Saturday morning to make sure we can capitalise on that in the three races.

“Taz showed great pace in the final race at Snetterton so we’re hopeful he can build on that to achieve some decent results at a circuit where he’s gone really well in the past.

“We saw how quick Jason was at Silverstone last year too, and he’s already been on the podium this year so fingers crossed we can get back up there this weekend.”

01-09-2020, 01:31 PM
Website Find Reply