Carrasco suffers double vertebrae fracture after testing crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Carrasco suffers double vertebrae fracture after testing crash
[Image: CarascoInjured.jpg]

2018 WorldSSP300 Champion Ana Carrasco suffers crash whilst testing but is conscious and receiving treatment in hospital

After crashing whilst testing at the Circuito Estoril in Portugal, Ana Carrasco (Kawasaki Provec WorldSSP300) suffered fractures to the D4 and D6 vertebrae. Carrasco is conscious and receiving treatment in hospital. The Spanish rider is suffering some pain in her back but can move all her limbs and has feeling throughout her body.

A statement on behalf of the Kawasaki Provec WorldSSP300 team said:

“Ana is under observation, perfectly conscious but in pain at the Hospital Sao Francisco de Xavier Lisbon, accompanied by members of Team Provec. Ana has suffered a strong impact on her back, a blow to the head and trauma to the left ankle but she can move and feel all the limbs normally. Provec and the RFME are managing things so that she can be transferred as soon as possible to Barcelona, ​​her place of residence, and where the team has all its medical equipment. She will enter the Dexeus University Hospital in Barcelona and once the medical tests have been carried out, the recovery time will be determined.”

Carrasco is currently sitting in fourth place in the WorldSSP300 standings having claimed three podiums in the 2020 season, consisting of one win at Portimao in Race 1 and two more second-place finishes in Race 2 at Jerez and Race 1 at the first event at MotorLand Aragon. Carrasco is currently 34 points away from the Championship leader.

Ana commented on the crash and shared her thoughts and gratitude:

“Hello everyone, I'm fine, very sore, I had a fall this morning and I hurt my back a little, let's see if I can go to Barcelona soon and start my recovery as soon as possible, thank you very much to everyone for the messages and see you soon.”

More information will be communicated accordingly.

The next round of the FIM Supersport 300 World Championship is at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for the Acerbis Catalunya Round, a track Carrasco knows well and has tested at before the start of the 2020 World Supersport 300 season.

[Image: WSBlogo2019.jpg]

11-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Website Find Reply