Sad news as Motor Cycle Union of Ireland chaplain Rev Noel Agnew passes away
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sad news as Motor Cycle Union of Ireland chaplain Rev Noel Agnew passes away
[Image: Rev-NoelAgnew.jpg]
Motor Cycle Union of Ireland chaplain Rev Noel Agnew has sadly passed away.

Sad news as Motor Cycle Union of Ireland chaplain Rev Noel Agnew passes away following illness

The retired Minister suffered a heart attack following practice for the Cookstown 100 motorcycle races on Friday, September 11.

He received immediate attention from paramedics at the scene who were in attendance at the race before being rushed to Craigavon Area Hospital, where his condition was initially described as seriously ill.

However, he began to improve in the following days and was showing some positive signs of recovery.

As recently as last Tuesday, an update posted on the Newington Presbyterian Church Facebook page said that Rev Agnew was ‘continuing to make good progress’ after undergoing surgery.

Sadly, it was confirmed on Wednesday evening that the popular motorcycle racing chaplain had died.

Roy Biggerstaff, circuit manager at Bishopscourt Racing Circuit and a close friend of Rev Agnew, said he was 'shocked' by the news.

In a Facebook post, he said: "It is with great regret that I have to tell you that my good friend Rev Noel Agnew passed away around 5pm today.

"I'm totally in shock as he was making good progress and talking about getting home."

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White

01-10-2020, 01:26 PM
Website Find Reply