Dovizioso announces he's taking a sabbatical in 2021
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dovizioso announces he's taking a sabbatical in 2021
[Image: DoviSemiRetires.jpg]

The Italian has published a statement on social media saying he won't be on the MotoGP™ grid next year but vowing to return in 2022

Ducati Team's Andrea Dovizioso has announced he will not be on the MotoGP™ World Championship grid in 2021, bringing to an end a 13-year run in the premier class. The Italian had been heavily linked with a test rider role next season but has announced he will be taking a sabbatical year with the intention of returning in 2022.

THIS IS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO IN 2021

Over the last few months, I have received several offers to work as a test rider in developing MotoGP projects and I am grateful for the consideration received by the manufacturers. However, I have decided not to make any commitments and to remain free from formal agreements for now.

I have an immense passion for racing. I still have the ambition to compete and fight to win. I will return to MotoGP as soon as I find a project driven by the same passion and ambition that I have and within an organization that shares my same objectives, values and working methods.

Now I am focused on finishing the World Championship in the best possible way, and I have already started developing some projects with my partners.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
11-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Website Find Reply