FHO RACING BMW TEAM UPDATE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FHO RACING BMW TEAM UPDATE
[Image: FHOPressRelease1.jpg]

FHO RACING BMW READY TO RECEIVE BMW M 1000 RR SUPERBIKE IN NEW WORKSHOPS

The FHO Racing BMW team have recently moved into new premises in the motorcycle racing hub of Louth, preparing for the immediate arrival of the eagerly awaited BMW M 1000 RR Superbike. The team’s trio of Bennetts British Superbike Championship riders Peter Hickman, Xavi Fores and Alex Olsen continue their fitness programmes, so they are in top form when testing gets underway.

The 3000 square foot facility has been kitted out with top-spec motorsport equipment to match the exhilarating new BMW Superbike. Equipped with an all-new workshop, engineering bay, spares areas and meeting room, the team also have use of a nearby dyno to hone engine and fuelling set-up.

The team’s first BMW M 1000 RR M arrives imminently, which will be developed into a Superstock spec machine as BMW Motorrad race parts continue to arrive for the new Superbikes. After a winter test at Portimao, which focused on BMW ‘kit’ electronics, the team has a clear development direction when the exciting ‘winged’ machine arrives.

With the recent cancellation of the Isle of Man TT and North West 200 events, Peter Hickman, although understandably very disappointed, can now focus on the Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Peter’s own workshop base is also very close, so he is looking forward to getting involved with the fitting out and prepping at the new team base.

Spanish star Xavi Fores has been able to get out on a ‘stock’ BMW S1000RR and is very usefully carrying out testing duties for the BMW World Endurance team. Based in Andorra, Xavi has been continuing his altitude fitness training alongside normal gym work.

Alex Olsen has had a difficult time since injuring himself back in October. He had been making very good progress prior to the Christmas break and improving on his overall flexibility, and movement. Unfortunately, Alex sustained various setbacks whilst trying to get back to full fitness. He is now on the road to full recovery and getting back to his full strength ahead of pre-season testing in March.

FHO Racing BMW Team Owner Faye Ho

“It’s all feeling more real now watching all the jigsaw pieces falling into place! Darren and the team are making great progress on the new workshops, and the riders have managed to stay so enthusiastic with ideas and their fitness programmes.

We’ve had such amazing support from the race fans, it’s been overwhelming, so I am looking forward as much as them to see the team in its full livery, set up for the first race!”

FHO Racing BMW Team Manager Darren Jones

“Of course, it’s great to be in our own workshops and bring it up to a Superbike state-of-the-art level. The timing is good, so we shall be just about ready as the new M 1000 RR arrives, something that I’m now starting to dream about every day! The riders are predictably chomping at the bit but have kept themselves very busy, and of course, it’s great that Xavi is learning about the new bike as he tests with the World Endurance squad.”

Peter Hickman

“I’ve been training as hard as ever but trying to miss the ice out on the road bike! It’s mega that the new workshop is so close and the lads are making it full factory. My new nice full liveried Weise leathers have arrived, just can’t wait to see the bike!”

Xavi Fores

“Since the last test in Portimao, I have spent a lot of time with my personal trainer working on my physical fitness here in Andorra, where I can also go skiing and run at altitude. I have been able to have a few days on a stock BMW S1000RR at Cartagena and Almeria, but most importantly have been testing the new bike at Mireval in France for the BMW World Endurance team.

I have some more trackdays lined up, but honestly, I am just trying to stay patient for more testing with FHO Racing BMW again soon, hopefully!”

Alex Olsen

“Since my accident it has been a long haul with various setbacks. I have spent so much time in hospital I feel I live there. I was making very good progress with my general fitness, gaining movement and flexibility back and feeling pretty good. Unfortunately I managed to get blood poisoning which the surgeons picked up during a scan whilst removing my stent. Due to this I had to spend more time in hospital and also managed to pick up Covid-19 too! So yes it’s been a pretty difficult time. Since then I have been managing to get myself back on my feet, start exercising again and preparing myself for the season ahead. The team seem really busy behind the scenes and it’s exciting to see it all coming together, such as the new bike design which looks amazing! I’m getting back to full fitness now and am raring to get going in March with some pre-season testing.

02-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply