Lee Johnston being treated for rare blood disease
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lee Johnston being treated for rare blood disease
[Image: LeeJohnstonBloodDisorder.jpg]
Lee Johnston celebrates his Supersport win at the Isle of Man TT in 2019

Lee Johnston being treated for rare blood disease as TT winner vows to race on in 2021

Isle of Man TT winner Lee Johnston has confirmed he intends to race as planned this year after revealing he is being treated for a rare blood disease.

The Fermanagh man, who claimed his maiden TT success in the Supersport class in 2019, has been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis.

Johnston made the announcement on his YouTube vlog and said he will be required to ‘take injections for the rest of my life’.

The Ashcourt Racing rider, who finished fifth in last year’s British Supersport Championship, sealing four rostrum finishes, said:

“We only really made a decision in the last few weeks that I’m going to race this year. I’m feeling a lot better and I’m back training.

“I’ve got all the right medication now but I was in quite severe pain for a period of time. I’m lucky enough that the doctors found it pretty quickly. I’ve got to take injections for the rest of my life but we are hoping his is going to be the way forward,” added the 32-year-old.

“I’m just going to play it by ear and see how it goes. Hopefully we can get it under control properly and stay positive going forward.

“We don’t really know how pain-free I’m going to be or how much of the sport I can do or what the situation is.”

Johnston is a multiple winner at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix. He has also won the Gold Cup at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough, for the past two years.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White

05-04-2021, 01:03 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
RE: Lee Johnston being treated for rare blood disease
I wish you well lee and I hope to see you on the start line soon. 👍
07-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
even better we want to see you at the finish line
very popular fella lee almost always with a smile on face
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
07-04-2021, 12:42 PM
Find Reply
sprocket Offline

Threads: 7
Yep, keep smiling Lee and stay strong 👍
Very best wishes to you.
07-04-2021, 01:34 PM
Find Reply