SWITCHING ON A NEW ERA OF TT RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWITCHING ON A NEW ERA OF TT RACING
[Image: TTRadioPromo1.jpg]

On what would be Senior race day, the Isle of Man TT Races will be sharing some very exciting news regarding 2022 and beyond.

At 7pm (BST) on Friday 11 June, the TT Races will be broadcasting a one-off, hour-long show, bringing together all the latest developments and plans for the event moving forward.

Hosted by sports presenter Chris Cave, the show will unveil plans for next year’s TT and the future, as well as featuring a number of special guests and familiar faces from the TT paddock.

There will also be reaction and analysis from some of the TT’s top names, as well as the line-up of the TT’s expanding team of TV presenters.

‘TT Switch-On’ will be available to watch on the TT’s official YouTube channel and Facebook page on Friday 11 June at 7pm.

Facebook: TTRacesOfficial

[Image: TTgreenhdr.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 07:23 PM by Malcolm.)
07-06-2021, 07:20 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: SWITCHING ON A NEW ERA OF TT RACING
[Image: TTSwitchOn.jpg]

Tonight, Friday 11th June - TT broadcast special, to mark the beginning of the end of life without the world’s greatest road races.

We’ll be confirming plans for next year’s TT and beyond in TT Switch-On - a one-off broadcast special.

11-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Looks like it's going to be very busy in 2023 at the TT more race days and only 2 rest days but what about cancelling due to bad weather or mist on the mountain how are they going to get round that I just hope everything works out OK for them.
12-06-2021, 07:07 AM
Find Reply
sprocket Offline

Threads: 7
Yeah I had similar thoughts and concerns about the weather but I guess you have to plan regardless and I'm sure the organisers have a backup plan if the weather is not favourable.
My other concern is the lack of accommodation. With the event getting more and more popular I do hope that there will be an increase in b&b's/hotels/homestay etc.
Overall though, really exciting news.
12-06-2021, 08:02 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
I think it's going to be really "interesting", but don't forget 2023 is only a proposal & still has to go to Public consultation.

Senior race day on a Saturday!! - The very idea!!
12-06-2021, 08:50 AM
Website Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
I wounder if they have considered the Marshalls. They will only get 2 days brake if all goes to plan and they will need to stay to the Sunday or at best late Saturday. I think they may need a extra insentive to get the numbers they require to run the races.
12-06-2021, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
boon345 Offline

Threads: 15
I agree with all above my main worry that they are turning the tt into a cash cow ,and that they do not care about care about the real fans
12-06-2021, 05:55 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
As has been mentioned, unless the Marshal are on board, it isn't going to happen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
13-06-2021, 10:51 AM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
Very positive sounding changes. Just weeks ago there were rumours that the "anti TT brigade" were reducing the event down to a single long weekend or even cancelling it all together - and now we get more racing and year round online content to build up the excitement. A great show of commitment to the event's future.
14-06-2021, 12:51 PM
Find Reply